If you are wondering why your DVD does not play on Windows Media Player, here is the answer. It is because the program no longer plays DVD on Windows 10 unless you pay $15 to get Windows DVD Player from Microsoft Store. However, the program has limited features. It cannot decode DVD, the drive not reading the disc, cannot play DVDs from other regions, etc. The DVD playback sometimes freezes as well. Here, I will share two easy ways to play DVD on Windows 10.
Two easy ways to play DVD on Windows 10
Option one: Watch DVD with 5KPlayer
Let’s assume you have already purchased Windows DVD Player from Microsoft Store so that you can enjoy your favorite movie. But then you get disappointed because it still won’t play the DVD. You feel like spending $15 for nothing. What’s wrong?
Maybe it is related to the DVD’s region. Windows DVD Player cannot play DVDs from all regions. So, every DVD disc has its own region codes in order to protect the copyright. If you got a disc from another country and try to play it in your place, it may refuse to play.
Fortunately, there are many other third-party DVD Player programs you can try. One of them is 5KPlayer from DearMob. It’s free and can play DVDs from all regions. What if I want to add a subtitle? Can it select the chapters for playback? Don’t worry, you will get it all. 5KPlayer even allows you to take screenshots from DVD movies.
It is quite rare that the DVD plays in the wrong orientation. But if it occurs, you can just flip the video in the proper direction. 5KPlayer offers the features that you really need to play DVD on Windows 10. Watching your favorite movie or music videos on DVD should be easy, not frustrating, right? And 5KPlayer is completely free.
Option Two: using WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
The other reason why you cannot play DVD on Windows 10 is that the disc is scratched, damaged, or dirty. Though 5KPlayer is one of the free DVD players for Windows 10, it cannot deal with those scenarios. You need an advanced program, like Winx DVD Ripper Platinum.
If you want to do more than just play DVD on Windows 10, you might need to try Winx DVD Ripper Platinum. It’s one of the top DVD players for Windows 10. It has sophisticated tools that you cannot find in 5KPlayer or other free DVD player software. For instance, you want to digitize lots of DVDs collection for a backup on your computer or want to do the advanced editing.
Winx DVD Ripper Platinum has been downloaded by more than 70 million users, since 2009. It helped users to solve DVD issues in different scenarios. According to the statistics from real users, around 12% of them use Winx DVD Ripper Platinum to fix DVD Playback error, 19% backup DVD, 24% rip DVD for playing on iOS devices, and 45% rip DVD to MP4 (H.264/HEVC).
Software Highlights and Bonus Features
- Support to rip scratched, damaged and dirty DVDs to video format for playback on Windows 10.
- Save digital DVD in the computer, hard drive, USB. Watch DVDs on Windows directly without a DVD drive.
- Convert DVD to iPad, iPhone, Android, computer, TV, PSP, and 350+ devices
- Support to convert any old and new DVD movies, kids DVD, workout DVD, homemade DVD to MP4 for Windows.
- Remove DVDs with encryption like 99-title, CSS encryption, and new UOP, Sony ARccOS, Disney X-project, etc.
- 1:1 copy DVD content to ISO image and DVD folder without quality loss.
- Inbuilt video editor, cut, crop, merge video, add subtitle to video, extract audio
- GPU acceleration tech, rip DVD at 47x faster speed. Digitize a two-hour-long DVD movie in just five minutes.
How to Rip DVD to MP4 with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Playback on Windows 10
With so many advanced tools and useful features, you might think it must be difficult to use Winx DVD Ripper Platinum. Besides it’s a powerful tool, the software is also designed to be simple and easy to use. Whether you are a student, non-tech savvy, you are able to operate the software effortlessly. You only need three steps to rip DVD to MP4.
- Step 1: Put your DVD disc in the drive and launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Step 2: Select “MP4” in the output profiles.
- Step 3: Hit the “RUN” button to start DVD to video conversion.