When playing your favorite games, there is nothing more annoying than the random crashing of the game. Without any warning or signs, the game just shuts down. This happened a lot of times to many Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players, and if you are experiencing the same, keep reading. We are going to offer some suggestions on what to do if Modern Warfare keeps crashing on your PC.
Modern Warfare keeps crashing – Ways to fix it
There are several things that you can try in order to get rid of this annoying issue:
- Close all the apps that are running in the background – open task manager (press Ctrl + alt + delete) and close the apps by selecting the app and clicking End process
- If close the apps didn’t help, restart your PC. Perhaps there is some process in the background that is causing the issue
- Update the drivers on your PC
- Also, make sure you have the latest version of Windows installed
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software – just completely shut down the antivirus program, launch the game and see if that makes any difference
- Change Texture Resolution – Open Modern Warfare, go to Options > Game Settings > Graphics. Find Texture Resolution and make sure it is set to normal or high
- Stop overclocking your CPU – if you overclocked it and the issue with crashing started, make sure to put things back to default settings
- Set Moden Warfare priority to high – Open task manager and click on Details. Find Modernwarefare.exe, right-click on it, click on Set Priority, and select High.
- Some users of Blizzard Battle.net noticed that when you turn off the Blizzard update agent the crashes stop, so open task Manager and turn this process off.
- Repair your game – on Blizzard Battle.net, find the game, click on Options and then click on Scan and Repair. If you are using Steam, open the library, find the game, click Properties. Select Local Files, and then finally click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
These are some of the suggestions for you to try and we hope one of these will work!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.