Google Hangout is basically communication software developed by Google in the year 2013. It was built into Google, YouTube and Google Voice. Also accessible on iOS, Android and web. In the year 2017, Google aimed for enterprise communication and developed two primary components of Hangouts i.e. Google Meet (G Meet) and Google Chat (G Chat). It allows an individual to do conversations, meetings and video conferences in just one click.
Steps To use Google Hangouts:
Step 1: Go to “Hangouts.google.com” or on Gmail. If one has Hangouts extension on Chrome, it will automatically open in a new window.
Step 2: Click New conversation which appears on the top left corner. Select a name or email address with whom you wish to chat. You have an option to send invitations too so that you can connect with more people with just one tap.
Step 3: Type your message and enjoy your conversation. You can add photos or emoji while chatting giving a personal touch in your conversations. The photos get automatically saved in your private Google+ album.
- Except for chats, it helps to create rooms where one can come together, collaborate and share files with a group of people at the same time irrespective of the fact that the individuals are sitting in different countries lying in different time zones. It is linked with Google Suite, so one can share files, documents, and photos in the conversation.
- The other option offered by Google chat is third party integration in the form of bots which are used to perform tedious jobs like schedule meetings, find files or perform whatever action you wish within the team. It helps teams manage projects and tasks with just one tool since they are already linked up with companies like Zendesk, Asana, etc.
Procedure to start Google Chat on mobile phone:
You need to download the Hangout app from the app store of your device whether it be Apple iOS (https://apps.apple.com/in/app/hangouts) or Android (https://play.google.com). After downloading, log in through Gmail credentials. As a result, the application synchronizes with your Gmail account. Thus, in just a few minutes the tool connects you to the entire world via mobile phone.
The convenient aspect of using the application on a mobile phone is that it keeps the conversational chats outside your email inbox. Thus, you don’t have to refresh or delete spam from your inbox frequently.
A useful and cost-effective platform opening the doors to video conferencing, cloud-based services and much more. It has converted the entire globe into one single workplace. It also allows team chats for up to 150 people. The application works in sync with the other Google applications. It also comes as a Chrome extension and can be used across all devices.
- Allows high definition video and audio communication using real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology.
- The integration of the application with the Google calendar helps an individual to schedule meetings conveniently.
- Offers International calling at very low rates.
How to start a video conference:
Step 1: Enter https://meet.google.com on the web browser, then click join or start meeting
Step 2: Enter a name or leave it blank to start your own meeting. Then click continue.
Step 3: Click Join Now. To add someone to a meeting, choose an option- click Copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app. Just share the link among your team and it is connected hassle-free.