iMac is not specially designed as a gaming laptop, but it doesn’t mean you can’t play games on it. In fact, there are many interesting macOS games you can play, from strategy, shooting, to adventure games. Whether you are only a casual gamer or play them more often, you can take your gaming experience on a Mac to the next level. Using gamepad in playing strategy or shooting games is much better than using a keyboard or mouse. You can find many gamepads in the market, but one of the best is Sony’s PS4 DualShock controller. How to use a PS4 controller on your Mac? There are two simple methods in connecting the controller to your Mac. You can pair it via Bluetooth or using a micro-USB cable.
See also: How To Stop Games Crashing On Mac
How To Use A PS4 Controller On Your Mac Via Bluetooth
Connecting the gaming controller over Bluetooth is not only easy but also can give you a better gaming experience. At least, you will not be bothered by the USB cable while playing the games. Here are the steps on how to use a PS4 controller on your Mac through Bluetooth.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your Mac is On. Click the Bluetooth icon on the top bar of the Mac.
- Meanwhile, on the PS4 controller, press the PS4 and Share buttons simultaneously. The controller will flash and will be ready to be paired with your Mac.
- Click again the Bluetooth icon and select Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- In the Open Bluetooth Preferences pane in your Mac, find Wireless Controller and click the Connect button next to it.
- You are ready to use a PS4 controller for a better gaming experience on your Apple computer.
Method 2: A Micro-USB Cable
Some users might like to play games on Mac using PS4 controller wirelessly. But sometimes, it doesn’t work for certain games or your Mac has Bluetooth issues. If for some reasons your Mac’s Bluetooth cannot be used, how to use a PS4 controller on your Mac, then? Try connecting it using a micro-USB cable.
- Get a micro-USB cable which comes with your PS4 controller.
- Connect it to Mac and the controller.
- Turn on the PlayStation gamepad by pressing the PS4 button in the middle.
- On Mac, click the Apple logo on the upper-left screen and click About this Mac.
- Click System Report, find and select USB.
- Below USB, find Wireless Controller and click on it.