The iMac is not specially designed as a gaming laptop, but it doesn’t mean you can’t play games on it. You can play many exciting macOS games, from strategy and shooting to adventure games. Whether you are only a casual gamer or play them more often, you can take your gaming experience on a Mac to the next level.
Using a gamepad to play strategy or shooting games is much better than using a keyboard or mouse. You can find many gamepads on the market, but one of the best is Sony’s PS4 DualShock controller. But how do I use a PS4 controller on my Mac? There are two simple methods for connecting the controller to your Mac. You can pair it via Bluetooth or using a micro-USB cable.
How To Use A PS4 Controller On Your Mac Via Bluetooth
Connecting the gaming controller over Bluetooth is easy and can give you a better gaming experience; plus, you won’t be bothered by the USB cable while playing the game. Here are the steps to use a PS4 controller on your Mac through Bluetooth.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your Mac is On. Click on the Bluetooth icon on the top bar of the Mac.
- Meanwhile, on the PS4 controller, press the PS4 and Share buttons simultaneously. The controller will flash, indicating that it is ready to be paired with your Mac.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon and select Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- In your Mac’s Open Bluetooth Preferences pane, find Wireless Controller and click the Connect button next to it.
- You are ready to use a PS4 controller for a better gaming experience on your Apple computer.
Method 2: A Micro-USB Cable
Some users might like to play games on Mac using a PS4 controller wirelessly. But sometimes, it doesn’t work for specific games, or your Mac has Bluetooth issues. If, for some reason, your Mac’s Bluetooth cannot be used, how do you use a PS4 controller on your Mac then? Try connecting it using a micro-USB cable.
- Get a micro-USB cable that comes with your PS4 controller.
- Connect it to your Mac and the controller.
- Turn on the PlayStation gamepad by pressing the PS4 button in the middle.
- On your Mac, click the Apple logo on the upper-left of the screen and click About this Mac.
- Click System Report, find, and select USB.
- Below USB, find Wireless Controller and click on it.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals