WhatsApp is a messaging service used worldwide, by more than 1 billion people. It is one of the most popular apps in the world, which is quite obvious when you see the figures.
With the simple interface and great, clean design it delivers exceptional experience to the users. The message can be easily received. Most importantly, their server is rarely down,. Moreover WhatsApp is free of ads, if you pay only US$ 0.99 a year (free for the first year) for US market and it’s certainly worth it.
Another great thing about this app is auto picture download feature. When a friend sends you a photo or a video, it will be automatically downloaded. This is great, time saving feature, because you won’t have to bother with the manual downloading. However, some users don’t like this option, no matter what the reason is. If you don’t like this, and if you want to turn it off, you can do it with ease through WhatsApp settings.
Steps to stop auto downloading pictures on WhatsApp iPhone
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Tap Settings >> Chat Settings >> Media Auto Download
- On media auto screen, you can choose one setting option which is more suitable for you.
- There is Never option, and if you choose this option, then WhatsApp will never download data automatically for you.
- There’s also Wi-Fi option where if you are in Wi-Fi zone, WhatsApp will download the media contents automatically for you.
- Another option is Wi-Fi and Cellular. Choose this option if you want to let WhatsApp download media content automatically.
As we tend to cover a wide range of topics that are interesting and useful, we will certainly talk more about WhatsApp in the future.