The iPhone XR is a great smartphone and for the majority of users, the battery lasts for a whole day. But, if you have to charge your device too often, it means that you should make some changes in the settings and make the battery last longer. Here, we are going to share some tips that will help you improve the iPhone XR battery life.
How to improve iPhone XR battery life
There are several things that you can do so that the battery can last longer.
- Restart your phone – if you didn’t reboot your phone for a while, do it now. Perhaps too many processes and apps running in the background, causing the battery to drain faster.
- Disable Auto-brightness – navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodation and disable the option. Set the brightness manually.
- Avoid using Bluetooth and cellular data when not in use – When you are at home and using Wi-Fi, or when you don’t use your AirPods, turn off the services you don’t need at the moment such as cellular data and Bluetooth. Keeping them on will just drain your battery faster.
- Use static wallpapers instead of dynamic. Dynamic wallpapers are cool, but they can affect the battery, so choose a static one instead.
- Disable Raise to Wake – when this feature is enabled, the screen will turn on every time you pick up your iPhone. Needless to say, the battery will drain faster. Here is how you can turn it off. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness and toggle the switch next to Raise to Wake.
- Disable Fitness Tracking – If you don’t need the feature that tracks your activities, you should turn it off as it will benefit the battery life. Here is how. Go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness and turn Fitness Tracking off.
- Update iOS – go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is a new version, tap Download and Install.
- Reset all settings – perhaps resetting the settings to factory defaults will make a change. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.
- Erase all content and settings – if nothing seems to be working and the battery drains fast, you should erase everything and set up your phone as a new device. Create a backup first. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings. Set up your iPhone as a new device.
We hope that these tips will improve your iPhone XR battery life.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.