The entire iPhone 12 series is fantastic, as the phones are great. But, if you are experiencing battery life problems, it doesn’t mean you need to run to the Apple store just yet. There are some tricks to try and adjustments to make that can make a huge difference. They will make the battery last a lot longer between charges, and you will notice the difference even if you are a power user. So, let’s see how to fix iPhone 12 battery life issues.
How to improve iPhone 12 battery life
- Restart your phone – before going any further, give your phone a bit of fresh air. You can do that by rebooting it. It will close the apps that run in the background, and it will do the same with many processes. Both of these have a considerable impact on the battery.
- Disable 5G – The latest iPhone series comes with 5G support, and yes, 5G will drain the battery much faster than LTE. So, you have the option to turn it off. To do that, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data. You will see several options there. Go for the 5G Auto (the phone will use 5G when it won’t affect the battery).
- Turn off location services – the option can be useful but remember it drains the battery. To disable it, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and tap on the button next to the option.
- Make sure the apps you are using are up to date. Developers keep updating the apps so they can perform better and without any issues. So go to the App Store from time to time and get the updates.
- Disable Background refresh – if you don’t need all your apps to be refreshed so often, you can turn off this option. Go to Settings > General > Background app refresh. You can disable the feature completely, or you can do it for the apps for which you don’t need it.
- Update the phone – having the newest software version is imperative, and it is not only about features. The updates include bug fixes and improvements. Go to Settings > General > Software update. If there is a new version, tap on Download and Install.
- Reset all settings – when you get the phone, you will make some changes in the settings. But, if the battery is draining too fast, perhaps it’s time to reset all settings to factory defaults. To do that, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.
In most cases, these things will improve the iPhone 12 battery life. You can always turn to Low Power Mode as a quick savior until you get the chance to charge the phone (Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode).