Instagram is one of the most popular apps that allow users to share photos and videos in an easy and fun way. Over the years, the app got many additional features, including direct messages. If you are new to Instagram and you are now sure how to delete Instagram messages, keep reading. We are going to show you how to do that using the app and using the browser, so you can pick the method you find easier.
See also: Can You See Who Views Your Instagram?
How to delete Instagram messages: Using the app
You can delete Instagram messages using the app. Just keep in mind that once you tap Delete, there will be no pop-up to confirm the action, so think twice before doing this. Doing that is very simple, and here are the steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone
- Access Direct messages by tapping on the messenger icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Find the chat you want to delete
- Tap and hold the conversation
- Finally, tap Delete.
How to delete Instagram messages: Using the browser
Another way to delete the messages is by using the browser. Here is how:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to Instagram.com
- Log in
- Click on the messages icon in the top-right
- Find the conversation you want to delete and click on it
- Click on the i button in the top-right corner of the conversation
- Click Delete Chat
- A pop-up will show up, click Delete to confirm the action.
You may also read: Instagram Hashtags Not Working – How To Fix It