The desktop picture can improve your mood, especially if you work on your Mac for hours. Changing the pic on a Mac is pretty simple. So, if you are wondering how to customize a desktop picture on a Mac, this is the article that will show you how to do just that. Follow a few simple steps listed above, and you will be done in no time.
How To Customize A Desktop Picture On A Mac
We are going to change the background via System Preference. It’s an easy-to-follow method, so everyone can do it without any hassle. Here are the steps:
1. You can launch System Preferences from Mac home screen or click Apple () menu on the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Once the System Preferences is opened, find “Desktop & Screen Saver” and click on it.
3. You might see three folders on the left side of “Desktop & Screen Saver” i.e Apple, Photos, and Folders. Choose Apple, click Desktop Pictures. You will see the pictures that come with your Mac. Select one and close the panel. You have successfully changed wallpaper on Mac.
4. If you are using macOS Mojave, you can try one of the Dynamic Desktops themes: Mojave and Solar Gradients. The picture lighting will dynamically change following the time in your desktop. For example, in the evening, the picture will shift to a darker blue.
How To Change Wallpaper On Mac To Your Own Picture
The images that come with Mac are great, but maybe you want to change the wallpaper using your own picture. There are two methods on how to customize a desktop picture on a Mac using your own photo.
- First, through System Preferences. Follow the steps from first to third (listed above) and choose Photos instead of Desktop Picture in “Desktop & Screen Saver”.
- Select a photo you want, then close the pane. Once you click a photo, it will replace the background on Mac immediately.
- Launch Photos app and find a photo.
- Right-click the photo, choose Share and click Set Desktop Picture.