Music can be our greatest companion. Plugging in a pair of earphones and listening to music can help us feel less lonely on public transport, give us a calm environment to study and work, or give us motivation while exercising. While there are many streaming services, such as Spotify and YouTube, not everyone has access to mobile data. Furthermore, not every location will offer free wifi. This creates a problem where we are unable to listen to music on the go. Thus, this article will teach you how to add music to iPhone which you can download and listen to when offline.
See also: How to add music to iMovie
How to add music to iPhone
Solution 1: Subscribing to services
One way to download music is by subscribing to a service like Apple Music or Spotify. For example, if you upgrade to Spotify premium, you can download your favorite tracks and playlists to listen to offline. Within the app, you will find a button to allow you to download the music tracks. For Apple Music, you have to touch and hold down the song, then tap on the Add option to add the track to your library. From there, you can tap on the icon of a cloud with an arrow pointing downwards to download the song.
Solution 2: Adding music by purchasing from your phone
- From your iPhone, launch the iTunes store.
- From within the iTunes store, tap on the search function at the bottom of the screen. It should be the second option from the left with a magnifying glass icon.
- Type the music you are searching for into the search bar. When you are done, tap on the Search function on your keyboard.
- Click on the song that matches your search.
- Tap on the price to purchase the song. You will be required to provide your Apple ID and password. The fee will be deducted from the payment method you have selected when setting up your Apple ID.
- The music will automatically be downloaded into the iPhone’s Music app once the purchase is complete.
Solution 3: Adding music through iTunes
When syncing music from iTunes to your iPhone, it can be quite troublesome because music tracks that are not within your iTunes library will be deleted when you sync the music libraries. Thus, the following steps will teach you how to add songs manually.
- Download music onto your PC. You can do so by purchasing album softcopies from artists or transferring songs from a physical CD to your PC.
- Head over to iTunes on your PC. Move the songs that you have downloaded from your File Explorer to your iTunes Music library.
- Using the charging cable, connect your phone to your PC.
- Within iTunes, click on the iPhone icon that should appear when your iPhone is connected.
- From the panel on the left, click on Summary.
- Beside this left panel, a new menu should pop-up. From there, scroll and search for the function to manually manage music and videos. Click on the checkbox beside it to enable the function.
- Tap on the Apply button to save and implement changes.
- Move to your iTunes library page. From there, click and reveal the drop-down menu from the top left of your screen, then select Music.
- Choose the tunes that you want to move to the iPhone by clicking on them. To select multiple at once, hold down the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (iOS) while clicking on the tracks.
- Drag your selection to the line on the left panel that labeled as your iPhone’s name.