Telegram is a messaging app that lets you communicate with your favorite people. To communicate with friends and family, they also need to have an account on Telegram and have an active internet connection. You are always able to chat with other people as long as you have internet, if you do not, the Telegram app is not going to work.
If you want to add some bots to your account, or, perhaps, delete and remove them from your account, we are here to help you. Just follow these steps down below and you will add/remove the bot in just a few minutes.
See also: How to delete messages on Telegram
Steps to adding a Telegram bot
- You will first, of course, need to open the Telegram app on your phone and to log into your account if you are not already logged in automatically.
- When the home page of the app shows up, look for the little explore button. That button is usually located at the top right angle of your device’s screen. Click on it to start searching and proceed to the next step.
- In the search section, you will need to type in the name of the bot that you want to add to your chat. If you do not know which bot to add and you have not yet explored all of them, you are able to follow them at the me page, just click on this link and go through Telegram’s bot library until you find the bot that suits you and the one that you want to add to the chat. After finding the bot, type the name of the bot in the Search section and wait until the results come out.
- Click on one of the bots that come out as top results to open a new conversation with them.
- The only thing that you need to do now is to click on that big Start button and the bot is going to be added to your account immediately.
Congratulations, you have now successfully added a bot to your account! Head over to the next paragraph of this article to find out how you can remove that same bot or any other bot from your account.
Steps to removing a Telegram bot
Removing a bot from your Telegram account is an even easier process than the previous one.
In order to remove a bot from your account, you also need to have the app opened on your device and you must be logged into your account, if you are not, you will not be able to proceed.
- When the Home page of the Telegram app opens on your screen you will be able to see all of your chats and the bots that are added to your account. You will need to find the bot which you want to remove from your account, tap and hold on its name to open a new small pop-up window.
- In that pop-up window that has shown up on your screen, you will be able to see a few options. For example, you are able to clear the history or pin that bot to the top of your list. But, we are looking for the Delete and Stop option, when you spot it, click on it.
- Telegram is going to ask you whether you are sure that you want to delete the chat with that bot and therefore completely remove it from your account. To confirm that and to continue, click on the Ok button at the end of that small pop-up window.
And now you have successfully removed a bot from your account. Have in mind that you are always able to add it back again if you want to.