iPhone 6s is provided with a Touch ID version 2, which is better than the one on iPhone 6. The version 2 can recognize fingerprint faster and it is also more accurate. At this moment, Apple uses the Touch ID 2 technology on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. It’s placed on the home button. Unfortunately, this new version of Touch ID is not perfect. Some users recently reported that they felt the Touch ID gets hot when used.The hot Touch ID home button on iPhone 6s issue occurs when the user opens the lock screen or when trying to access certain applications. Here, we are going to share some solutions for this issue.
Solutions For Hot Touch ID Home Button On iPhone 6s
Solution No 1: Shutdown the iPhone
Let’s start with this simplest and the most basic solution. Shutdown your iPhone 6s by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button. Drag the “slide to power off” from left to right. This will turn off your device. Wait a bit, while the temperature of the Touch ID reduces. Then, to turn on the iPhone again press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution No 2: Reset iPhone
Resetting the iPhone often works to solve some common issues. The steps are not complicated at all. Press and hold the power and home buttons for a few seconds until the iPhone restarts. After the restarting process is completed, try to use the Touch ID and check if you still feel the hot Touch ID home button on iPhone 6s.
Solution No 3: Remove Touch ID and create the new one
The issue might be caused because we were not registering our fingerprint properly. Removing Touch ID and the adding it again may solve the problem.
- Tap Settings >> Touch ID & Passcode
- Enter your passcode
- Tap all fingers you have registered >> Delete Fingerprint
- Tap Add a Fingerprint
- Register your fingerprint by placing your finger onto the Home button
Solution No 4: Update all applications
Many issues can occur if the apps you have installed are not up to date. What you need to do is update the applications. Here is how:
- Launch the App Store
- Tap the Updates section on the bottom right corner of the screen
- You will see all the apps updates availability
- Tap Update All button that is placed in the top right corner of the screen
Solution No 5: Update iOS
The software update may solve the issue you are experiencing with the Home button. Connect your iPhone to a power source and to a Wi-Fi network. Go to Settings >> tap General >> Software Update. Tap Download and Install.
Solution No 6: Reset all the settings
Resetting all the settings of your iPhone 6s is another potential solution. Your data won’t be erased.
- Open Settings
- Tap General
- Choose Reset All Settings
- Your iPhone 6s will restart
- When it’s done, all the settings of your iPhone 6s will reset to factory defaults
Solution No 7: Restore iPhone
The restoring process will give your device a fresh start. Before you start, backup your data and then do the following:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac/PC
- Using a lightning cable connect your iPhone 6s to Mac/PC
- Click Restore on the summary tab
- Wait until the restoring process is completed
- Setup your iPhone 6s as a new device.