Buying one of the best business laptops under $1000 could pose a huge challenge as the market is flooded with dozens of products from all top manufacturers. So, how do you make your decision?
It’s quite easy especially if you have a good idea of your requirement and can pick the best laptop that suits your usage. Be it an all-purpose office laptop, a gaming one, or one with portable design, there’s something for everyone at different price points.
Business owners need a laptop to accomplish several tasks in a day. Even though $1,000 is a big number, yet it is still average if the topic of discussion is laptops. It is easy to get good quality performance in this budget for almost all tasks to be done daily. Furthermore, these budget laptops are long-lasting with a solid build with some other great features as well. However, it is still important to understand what’s important to you as a business owner. Here are a few things you must know before making a purchase:
- Performance and RAM: The CPU, RAM, graphics chip and storage establish how capable is any laptop for multitasking, handling power-intensive tasks like gaming and storing the files. Better the specifications, the better your laptop will feel during work. A Windows 10 or macOS equipped with Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPU is the perfect combination to complete the majority of tasks under the radar.
- Build Quality: Build quality is very important to consider before making a purchase. Mainly, a well-built keyboard and a high-quality trackpad are crucial as they are the primary form of contact with the machine. A bad quality trackpad or finicky keyboard can lead to a bad experience.
- Touch screens, portability, and other features: Since the past few years 2-in-1s or hybrid laptops have collected immense popularity. However, it is important to note that the touchscreen and pen may lead to additional investment. Moreover, stuffing all the powerful components in a small, portable package might cost more than a bigger laptop with lesser constraints in terms of design.
- Display Size: Laptops usually come in 3 different sizes. Laptops that have a display size of 13 inches or below are best for light work like browsing the web, making notes and drafting content. Mid-sized laptops which are almost 15 inches are good to consider if your work involves editing or watching videos, however, they are less portable. Finally, the big laptops which are almost 17 inches are recommended if you are into video editing or various exhaustive tasks that need a big screen.
- Storage: Laptops for business owners must have adequate storage. The ideal level would be 1TB SSD. If you have external storage options, then a 500 GB storage level is ideal as well. It is important to understand the needs as well. If you are a filmmaker or into designing, you would need additional storage.
- Connectivity: Connectivity is highly important for business owners. Opt for laptops that have the most number of connectivity options.
A Stylish Business Laptop with Killer Hardware Specifications
Dell XPS 13 9360 Business Laptop
When it comes to making a list of best laptops, it’s hard not to bring Dell into the picture. The brand’s XPS 13 9360 business laptop is an easy buy for users who want the best-looking laptop combined with powerful hardware specifications.
Powered by an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM and 128GB SSD, the laptop is very responsive, can handle most tasks easily and has an amazing 13.3-inch Infinity Edge Display. Samsung Galaxy S8 owners may have heard this and Dell does it better by bringing the technology to a laptop. The touchscreen feature may not be readily usable on a daily basis but it wouldn’t hurt having it when you want to do a quick edit or open an app on Windows 10.
The device may not be able to handle gaming effectively as it has a simple Intel HD graphics 620 but it can whizz past your excel sheets, PowerPoint presentations and multiple browser tabs at the same time.
- Business users who want a lightweight laptop as the Dell XPS 13 9360 is just 2.7 lbs
- For anyone looking to have the best screen real estate made possible by its exclusive InfinityEdge touchscreen display
Most Premium Business Laptop with Sturdy Build Quality under $1000
Microsoft Surface Laptop
Apple’s MacBook range of laptops is amazing in terms of build quality, premium finish, and performance. For Windows lovers, Microsoft Surface line-up is the best option to go with. While the Surface Pro’s top of the line models could be expensive, you can check out the entry-level variants.
Microsoft Surface Pro has a 13.3-inch display and is powered by the Intel i5 processor with 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage space. The hardware specifications should be more than enough for most office goers. Combine it with the sleek, metallic finish and the stylish Windows logo on the back, and you’ve got an amazing product in hand.
Make sure to upgrade the variant you choose to Windows 10 Pro to get the complete experience as the Windows 10 OS might limit a lot of functionalities and is not ideal for everyday use. The laptop also promises 14.5 hours of battery life, give or take some which should last an entire day of usage without having to look for a power socket.
- Business users who want an elegant and premium looking Windows 10 experience
- Exceptionally sleek and well-designed product that is easy to carry if you are looking for the best portable laptop out there
Apple’s Best Laptop for Business Under $1000 Shouldn’t be Left Out
Apple Macbook Air 2017 Edition
The list of best business laptops under $1000 can never be complete without adding an Apple MacBook to the lineup. While the company’s other models such as the Macbook Pro are quite expensive, the Macbook Air should easily fall within this budget range. Compared to Windows laptops, the Mac OS options are limited but they are known for their reliability, sturdy build quality, and speed.
The Apple MacBook 2017 is the latest product available on the market. The laptop sports a 13-inch display powered by a 5th gen Intel i5 processor and has 8 GB of RAM. There’s 128GB of SSD storage which ensures faster booting times and it runs on macOS Sierra. The Macbook Air can easily last more than 10 hours on a single charge and weighs just 3.0 lbs making it easy to carry wherever you go.
While you can always buy a gaming laptop or an ultrabook at the same cost, the Macbook Air offers the best of Apple’s ecosystem within your budget and also receives timely updates as well as being durable for years to come.
- Users who already own an iPhone, Mac or other Apple products can blindly go with this choice as the Macbook Air will seamlessly fit into the ecosystem
- Designed with reliability and compactness as its primary goals, it’s easy to carry around and MacOS makes it easier as a plug n play option compared to Windows 10 that may require some software tweaking on the user end
Best Gaming Laptop Wrapped in a Professional Look to Suit Business Users
Lenovo Legion Y520
The Lenovo Legion Y520 is marketed as a gaming laptop and it’s strikingly evident if you take a look at its beautiful red color scheme on a large metal frame. If you are a frequent traveler or away from the desk for long hours, it is wise to stay away from this laptop. However, business users who would want a powerful device that could handle gaming, as well as Photoshop and video editing software, might want a dedicated graphics card which is what this Lenovo machine offers.
Under the impressively good-looking exterior, the Legion Y520 is powered by the Intel i5 7300HQ processor with 8GB of RAM and has 256GB SSD for your storage needs. The laptop is equipped with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti graphics card which can easily handle popular titles like Dota 2, Fortnite and PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds at 60 FPS. Besides being able to play most AAA titles at medium settings, the hardware can also handle your photoshop needs and occasional video editing work that might come up in your office.
The red gamer-friendly finish might put off some business users but if you don’t mind people frowning at your colorful setup, the Lenovo Legion Y520 is a great pick especially considering the price tag.
- Business users who also happen to be gamers and want to play a game of Fortnite during their lunch breaks at the office
- People who work mostly connected to a desk area and doesn’t mind if the business laptop has less battery life
- Want more bang for their buck and expect a laptop that could nearly compete with a desktop setup
LG’s Power packed Business Laptop Delivers the Best in Every Aspect
LG Gram 15
LG revolutionized the ultrabook market with its new range of laptops and the LG Gram 15 is an easy winner on the list. The laptop is strikingly small making it easy to carry around within your office and during frequent travels. Surprisingly, it doesn’t compromise in terms of performance and has an impressive hardware spec sheet making it an all-rounder in every segment.
The LG Gram 15 is powered by an 8th gen Intel i5 processor coupled with 8GB of RAM and has 256GB SSD making it very responsive. The keyboard is reliable and responsive with mild tactile feedback while it also has a fingerprint scanner to quickly unlock the laptop from its sleep mode.
You can choose to go for the less expensive full HD display or spend more to get the touchscreen variant to make use of Windows 10 features. Either way, the LG Gram 15 and the Gram 13 are both great ultrabooks for business purposes as they are lightweight at just 2.4 lbs, very powerful and is very durable. It even promises an excellent battery life of 15 hours making it a powerhouse.
- Business people who travel a lot or want the most compact laptop of them all to carry out easily in a small backpack
- Users who want the best battery life combined with an equally powerful hardware to go with
- Those who like to spend less but get more reliable performance out of the laptop
Best of Both Worlds: Office Use and Gaming Bundled in a Single package
Dell Inspiron 15 7000
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 now has the latest iteration with revised hardware specifications, better graphics cards, and some minor design changes. The laptop’s competitive price tag at under $1000 combined with these changes makes it one of the best products to go with.
The Inspiron 15 7000 is powered by the 7th generation Intel i5-7300HQ quad-core processor. The chipset is promptly paired up with 8GB of RAM, 128GB SSD for faster booting times and a cool 1TB HDD to store all your large files. The 15.6-inch 1080p display is large enough for browsing PPTs, the web and for gaming when you get some leisure time.
The 2017 edition of the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is equipped with the latest GTX 1060 graphics card which is powerful to handle all newest AAA titles at medium settings and other editing software when the need arises. The only caveat in this laptop is that it offers lesser battery life when compared to other business laptops but makes up for it with its professional looks and impressive hardware.
- Users who want the best gaming experience without exceeding their budget limit of $1000
- Buyers who love to own a branded product such as Dell which looks professional yet has cool gaming capabilities
- If you prefer a great keyboard and don’t mind the lesser battery life if your job is more desk-based
Convertible 2-in-1 Laptop from Acer is the Best Laptop for Business Under $1000
Acer Spin 5
The Acer Spin 5 conveniently stands out on the list of best business laptops under $1000 with its unique feature that most other laptops don’t offer. The Spin 5 is a 13-inch convertible laptop that boasts of amazing build quality. It also packs powerful hardware yet the manufacturer Acer has managed to keep its weight at the lowest possible level, making it as portable as it could get.
Under the convertible metal frame, the Acer Spin 5 houses an 8th generation Intel i7 processor with 8GB of RAM and has 256GB of SSD storage. SSDs are a must-have in business laptops to speed things up and they are more reliable for data storage when you carry your laptop around a lot. Despite the powerful hardware within, the laptop weighs just 3.3 lbs and delivers a battery life close to 13 hours on a single charge.
The 13.3-inch full HD display uses an IPS panel for picture-perfect clarity and the laptop can quickly be flipped over to be used as a tablet. The compact weight and small screen size make it easy to browse the web, watch movies or access files in tablet mode as easily as you would do in laptop mode. The keyboard also doubles up as a stand for convenient viewing positions.
- Users looking for a compact solution with great battery life and a laptop that suits versatile usage scenario
- Users who need a good convertible at an affordable price range and for users who want a business laptop that could double up as an entertainment device
- If you need a laptop and tablet combined into one, the Acer Spin 5 is a no-brainer to buy
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is purchasing a business laptop under $1000 the right choice to make?
Yes, absolutely. Most of the people who purchase budget laptops that suit their requirements are satisfied with the purchase. As a matter of fact, buying a premium laptop is not worth the money if it doesn’t meet your specific requirements. Therefore, it is essential to identify your needs and then look for the ideal laptop.
How much RAM is important in a budget laptop?
Be any laptop, at least 8 GB is recommended for its smooth working. Whether you’re operating on Windows, macOS, or Chrome OS, 8 GB RAM will offer you with ample of room to multitask and even use complex applications.
What is the ideal graphics hardware for a business laptop under $1000?
Usually, budget laptops under $1000 come with integrated graphics. There are certain varieties of Intel’s UHD Graphics technology that the company equips with its Core CPUs. That is more than enough for all kinds of productivity requirements as a business owner and even for playing casual games.
Can I find a laptop with a 4K display under $1000?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a Full HD display under $1,000. Besides, most budget laptops usually are not equipped with the kind of battery capacity as compared to premium laptops, and 4K displays require a lot of power. Even if you manage to find a laptop with a 4K display under $1000 it will not be the best choice to make.
What is the kind processor ideal for a business owner?
You can effortlessly find Whiskey Lake 8th-generation Intel Core i5 CPU in laptops under the budget, especially if you are a business owner. Quite a few of the laptops on the list have good processors that will help you with the majority of productivity tasks without issues.
Which operating system is ideal – Windows, Mac, or a Chrome book?
It depends on your requirements. Particularly, the operating system you use depends on the kind of tasks that are significant to you, as a business owner. It is important to understand basic differences as well as their advantages and disadvantages to get a clearer picture.
The time when business laptops used to focus purely on professional design and battery life is long gone as the situation is more demanding than ever. You can always choose a laptop that is equipped with a dedicated graphics card or go for the sleekest model to make your business trips easier.
Whatever your choice is, this complete list of best business laptops under $1000 should have you covered. The MacBook Air is a haven for Apple macOS lovers while there are lightweight products such as the LG Gram 15 all the way to a heavy gaming laptop like Lenovo Y520 that also serves business purposes. Be it the best battery life, compactness or powerful hardware specs, you should be able to find the one that ideally matches your requirement.