Listening to music from your PC or laptop can be very relaxing. However, you need one of the best 2.1 speakers to bring out the true quality of a song. A 2.1 speaker has two speakers along with a subwoofer. This type of speaker is suitable for most PCs and laptops. However, there is a wide variety of these 2.1 speakers available in the market today and it could be quite a challenge to decide which ones to purchase and decide which ones offer the best value for your money.
You need to consider several factors while purchasing these 2.1 speakers. Consider the sound; separate surround sound; well-balanced sound and so on. You might also have to consider your specific needs. Do you want the speakers to watch your favorite movies? Or for immersing yourself in desktop games or just want to jive to the latest albums. Whatever be the purpose, here are the top 2.1 speakers that you should be considering.
See also: Best Bluetooth Speakers
Best 2.1 Speakers
Quality Speaker Designed for your PC
The sizes of these speakers are 7.7 x 4.6 x 5.0 inches and the size of the subwoofer is 9 x 12 x 11 inches. The weight is 0.95 kgs for the left speaker and 1kg for the right one. There is an audio input of 3.5 mm jack and one headphone jack output.
The speaker system is THX certified and offers sweet sounds at a reasonable price. Logitech is the leader among the pack and this set offers a real steal. It doesn’t, however, have a remote control. But since you’ll use it for your computer or an iMac for watching a movie, a remote is really not necessary.
The bass is good without any distortion even when you turn it up all the way. Each satellite delivers 35 watts and the sub pumps out 130 watts, so it is certainly loud enough. And at lower levels, it is suitable for movies and dialogues.
- Those looking for great quality at an affordable price
- If you want a powerful thundering subwoofer, which you can dial up or down.
- Best for offering an immersive experience while gaming or watching movies. Movie buffs might be interested in the THX certification.
- Being above average in build quality; sound quality and DSP sound quality, it is a good buy.
- Suitable for those looking for top-quality audio performance and powerful output.
- Suitable if you have enough space. The subwoofer is quite huge.
- If you party a lot, it is loud enough with enough power and bass.
Master of Sound Reproduction
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX
This is an audio system with 3 pieces. It comes with 2 satellite speakers of 35 watts each and a subwoofer blasting at a maximum of 130 watts bass output, using a 6.5 inches driver for producing deep and low frequencies. The speakers are based on metal stands. There are knobs for the volume and subwoofer levels, but no remote control. It also incorporates a headphone jack along with one mini plug input for convenience. The frequency ranges from 32 Hz to 20 KHz with a superb power, dynamic range.
The satellites use MicroTractrix horns, which is the company’s proprietary that ensures clarity. The digital amplifier is a hybrid that is capable of excellent audio output. The technology used in the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, is the best possible.
You can select the optimum level on the subwoofer for listening to music and for DVDs. The performance is admirable. It is THX certified and is among the best surround speakers available. The balance is unique and brings out every note in a crisp, smooth and clear manner. The best feature of this speaker set is the volume control on the subwoofer, so you can increase the bass for games or movies and then reduce it for watching a YouTube video.
- Those who are looking for a straightforward design that is simple and easy to install.
- People ready to pay the hefty price for excellent quality and audio output. It is an expensive surround system.
- Use with the PC. It has not been created specifically for gaming but is recommended for games involving the first-person shooter and for real-time strategy games. Gamers will love these speakers, as they can figure out even a small difference in footsteps and understand the exact spot of their opponents while playing.
- Streaming music from the Internet; playing mp3 and CDs.
- Watching movies, as the speakers bring a lot of life to intense scenes.
One of the Best 2.1 Speakers with Modern Design
Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
It improves on the already perfect design, which became a landmark. The latest SoundSticks III makes some small changes in the design as well as functionality, compared to the earlier version.
As for the internal components, there are four one inch drivers that are vertically mounted on the two satellite speakers of 10 watts each, with a 6-inch 20-watt subwoofer. It comes in clear plastic for both the satellite and the subwoofer. There is a white LED that offers an ethereal glow to the subwoofer, with the speaker cables in silver.
The 10-watt satellite speakers are transparent with a black base ring. The subwoofer has a dimension of 10.2 x 9.2 inches with an open input jack of 1/8 inches. The volume buttons are of the capacitive touch. There is no headphone jack, though you can buy a 3.5-inch cable to use in the output jack. The bass controls are placed on the subwoofer with the dial also being used as a power button. The satellite angles can be adjusted.
The frequency range is from 44 Hz to 20 Hz. It is one of the best looking as well as best sounding 2.1 speaker systems at this price. The subwoofer fires downward and results in a floor-shaking effect, with an overall sound of crispness and heaviness in the bass.
- Those who are looking for a pretty design in their speakers.
- Those who want music without distortion even at very high volumes.
- Playing games; listening to music tracks and watching movies. The sound is equally powerful in all cases without degradation in clarity or bass.
- You, if you are a fan of such an iridescent design
- Those wanting to play music from any multimedia device due to the plug and play compatibility.
Quality Speakers at a Bargain
It comes with 2 stereo speakers and one subwoofer unit. The subwoofer is small and can be easily tucked away. All the connections are present on the subwoofer, making it simple to operate. There are 2 sets RCA connections, one Aux connection for input and 2 for output. You can use the input connection for connecting to game consoles or the television, whereas the output is connected to the speakers. The dimensions of the satellite unit are 6.69 x 3.93 x 3.34 inches (HWD) and the dimensions of the subwoofer are 10.43 x 10.03 x 7.67 inches (HWD). The weight of the satellite units is 525 g and the weight of the subwoofer is 4 kg.
It can play low as well as high frequencies without issues. Using it and setting it up is really simple. The subwoofer is the hub of the system containing the outputs. The product design is excellent and so is the sound. The speakers’ design can fit into any setup and it is affordable.
- Those who want a simple setup that has a good build quality and is affordable.
- Those who want to use speakers for entertainment with some thump to the music.
- Those looking at a compact audio system that also offers good quality audio.
- Suitable for gaming; music; movie audio with great performance.
- Those who want a lot of bass from the subwoofer while watching movies and listening to music.
Sleek, Stylish and Affordable
Edifier USA Prisma Encore
The visual is striking to say the least. The subwoofer comes with a downward firing driver of 5 inches in a pyramid style design. The bass is heavy but it can be adjusted in the device settings. There are two satellite speakers offering crisp and sharp sounds. Setting up the system is also easy. The 2 satellites can be plugged directly to the subwoofer and the 3.5 mm cable heads can be connected to the device of your choice.
Bluetooth capability is the major selling point of this speaker set. There is also a wireless remote control. It comes in black as well as white color, so it will fit the aesthetics of any environment.
- Those looking for brilliant audio with stunning aesthetics. The design is elegant, bold and stunning, especially the subwoofer.
- Those who want Bluetooth enabled speakers to connect their mobile devices.
- Those looking at a solid, dependable, affordable set.
- People who want a bass heavy set
- Not a good option if you live in a quiet area, have kids or enjoy a quieter kind of life.
A Touch of Class
Edifier USA 2.1 Speaker System M3200
It consists of 2 satellite speakers and a central subwoofer. The design is elegant, with the two satellites resembling flower vases. Within each of these satellite units lie one small driver offering loud, clear and sharp sound. The bass unit is just a slab made of plastic and wood pumping up low sounds, but not earth shattering ones. You can adjust the bass at the rear of the unit. There is not much cable clutter, as it is all kept within the bass unit.
The setup includes a remote control unit that is wired. You can adjust the volume on the wheel and it also houses inputs for your headphones and the digital music player. The remote is the master touch, as you can adjust volume and plug headphones into it. The cable is long and you can use it wherever you are seated. It is not portable but not too heavy either. It also offers ease of use with the subwoofer containing all the controls.
- Those who want a combo of aesthetics and functionality at a decent price.
- Ideal for those who want to use it for multimedia playback purposes such as; listening to music tracks or to movie dialogues.
- Ideal for multiple audio sources
- If you want speakers that will actually look beautiful sitting beside your PC.
- Aimed at those who want to listen to music while working at the desktops or for watching movies.
The abundance of Features in a Powerful Setup
Logitech G560 Lightsync PC gaming Speakers
The subwoofer is a little heavy at 12 pounds and measuring 16 inches in height. As for the stereo speakers, they are a little smaller at 6 x 6 x 5 inches, weighing a few pounds each. The design is distinctive with circular grilles. There are RGB zones on the speakers shining through its front, with a rear spotlight projecting light behind on the wall.
There are 3 buttons on the right speaker for macro controls and volume. At the back, it has a 3.5 mm jack along with a power button and a button for Bluetooth pairing, allowing 2 source devices to be connected at the same time. The RGB lights are the standout features of this speaker system. You can use it to control the four zones. The sound can reach a maximum of 240 watts with a frequency range from 40 Hz to 18 kHz, with a bass heavy default setting.
Game developers can use the SDK of the G560 for adding light effects within the game. There is also an audio visualizer, which is a setting for making lights correspond with the game sounds. Gamers can sync all their devices and make it an immersive setup. The subwoofer is downward firing and creates powerful gunshots, explosions and so on.
- Gamers, allowing a lot of customization to players, as well as developers.
- Gamers, who will love the lighting presets for several games, which can be accessed from the software.
- Suitable for music lovers as well, coming with some cool features.
Some people vouch for the fact that the only way to listen to music is using the best headphones. However, some beg to differ. They are not willing to, nor comfortable with wearing headphones throughout the day. They prefer these 2.1 speakers for listening to music. Headsets are no doubt good enough for gaming, but it does feel good to listen to sound filling the room for an intense music session. Speakers are the way to go if you’re spending a long time at your computer.
When it comes to either headphones or such speakers, it all depends finally on our preferences and requirements. What might impress you might not impress another. However, these are speakers that will mesmerize everyone. Sound quality is important and so is pricing. These are some of the best options walking the find a balance between cost and quality or functionality.