These days, phones are not just devices used for calls and messages, they are much more. When it comes to iPhone 5s, its camera is pretty good. You can capture moments and places with ease, and most importantly, the quality of the photos is great. What to do if the camera app won’t open? We have a couple of ideas we’ll share with you. Here are 5 ways to fix iPhone 5s camera app won’t open, all simple and explained in details, so all you need to do is follow the steps. Let’s get started.
5 ways to fix iPhone 5s camera app won’t openSolution No.1: Close a couple of apps.
When multitasking, you may have many apps that are open, and some of them will use a lot of the memory, which may cause the problem with camera app. What you should do is to close several apps. Here is how:
- Tap on the Home button twice
- You will see recently used apps
- To see what apps are currently running swipe right or left
- To close the app you want, swipe up.
You can try this solution only if you are using some other camera app instead of iOS camera. To reinstall the app follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen and find the camera app
- Tap and hold it until an X shows up and the icon jiggles
- Click on the X and the app will be deleted
- Go to the App Store, find the app, download and install it again.
A restart may be a pretty helpful solution. To restart your iPhone 5s, press and hold the sleep/wake button, and move the slider to turn off your device. Once it’s off, press and hold the same button once again, and turn your phone back on. Try to open camera app.Solution No.4: Update iOS.
When iPhone 5s camera app won’t open, new version of iOS, if there is one, can fix the problem. To update iOS on your iPhone, follow the steps provided in this article:
Another thing you can try is to reset all settings. Here is how:
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap on General
- Tap on Reset
- Select Reset all Settings
- Confirm that you want to reset all settings.
Many people who had exactly the same problem were able to solve it with one of 5 ways to fix iPhone 5s camera app won’t open. In case you don’t solve it, make sure to visit the Apple Store, especially if your device is still under the warranty, because they may replace your device.