The LG G5 is a brilliant phone, but we have accepted the fact that even the best smartphones do come with certain bugs and flaws. Same as other smartphones, LG G5 requires troubleshooting to a certain extent so that problems can be fixed. One of the most common troubleshooting steps that you may come across while looking for solutions to solve LG G5 phone issues is to wipe cache partition.
Wiping the cache allows the phone to rebuild the entire cache partition. All kinds of issues can occur because some files may be corrupted. Once you wipe the cache partition, the corrupted cache files will be removed and the issue will be solved. In this article, we are going to show you how to wipe cache partition on LG G5.
See also: How to fix LG G5 GPS issue
For the uninitiated, cache is temporary data which is stored in files. There are two types of cache. There is apps cache which ensures that the temporary data stored in the cache files is retrieved when you switch from one app to another. There is also the cache for the Android system which is known as the system cache. When we talk about wiping the cache partition on LG G5, we are referring to the system cache. The system cache stores data for the Android software and not just individual apps.
When you delete the entire system cache, you give the Android software the chance to build the cache all over again. Most importantly, you will get rid of the corrupted files.
Steps to wipe cache partition on LG G5
- Go to Settings
- Now look for the option ‘Storage and USB’, tap on it to reach the Storage menu
- In the storage menu of your phone, you will find information on how your phone’s data is stored
- It will let you know how much space is available and it will share information regarding the usage of space by pictures, apps, cached data, audio, videos, etc.
- At this time we are interested in cached data, so tap on Cache Data
- A dialog box will pop up on your screen asking you if you want to delete the data or not
- Click OK.
Once you have confirmed that the data can be deleted, the process of wiping the cached data begins. This may take some time before it is completed. It depends on the amount of data stored on your device. Once the process is completed, reboot your device.
You may also read: How to fix LG G5 Notification LED issue