In modern days, we are more online and on our phones than offline. Therefore we are communicating more via social media apps such as Instagram, Viber, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. When using these apps, we often come face to face with some of the most common problems. Sometimes the app just crashes on its own, or it runs into a bug, and some minor problem occurs. It’s usually just a problem that is very easy to solve.
Today we will be solving the WhatsApp’s status not loading issue. Stay tuned to see how to do it with ease.
See also: How to star messages on WhatsApp
First of all, what are WhatsApp statuses?
WhatsApp statuses are similar to Facebook’s statuses. You can just type that you are busy at the moment, or write a funny joke or just some information about you. From time to time the statuses just won’t show up, and it happens to all the users. And the reason is either you or the app.
This is the possible process of fixing it.
If your own statuses are not loading
- Check to see if you are connected to the Wi-Fi or your mobile data. If you are not, or if you’re having network issues, restart the Wi-Fi router. If that doesn’t help, consider contacting or calling your network operator.
- Wait for a little before trying to upload a new status again.
- Restart your phone.
- Turn your phone off for a while, then turn it back on.
- Uninstall the app and then install it again.
- Clear the app’s cache.
In order to do that, you will need to go to the “Settings” of your phone. Find the “Memory” card and search for the app there. Once you find it, click on it and simply delete the cache memory.
- If your own statuses are still not loading, contact the WhatsApp’s staff for further information and possible solutions for the problem.
If you cannot see other people’s statuses
- Maybe the person whose status you are trying to read doesn’t have your phone number saved in their contacts list. You cannot see the statuses of the people who don’t have your number in their phone. It’s maybe because that person changed their Privacy settings.
- Check to see if the application is synced on your phone.
To make sure that it is, go to the phone’s settings, then to the “Account” section, find the WhatsApp app and click on it. A new window is going to be opened, find the syncing option and turn it on if it’s currently of.
- You might be having this problem because your app is out of date. Head over to the app store to see if there’s a new version of the app available. If the new update is available, simply download it.
- Maybe the person whose status you are trying to read has blocked you.
- There’s a chance that the person hasn’t yet updated their new status.
- If you blocked the person whose status you are trying to see, simply unblock them at the settings section of the app.
- If you’ve recently changed your phone number, it’s possible that that person still doesn’t have it saved. Therefore you will not be able to load their new statuses until they save your new phone number. So make sure you give them your number.
We hope that we were able to help you with the status not loading issue on this amazing app! If you are having some other problems, seek for help from the WhatsApp’s staff, we are sure that since the app is very user-friendly, they won’t hesitate and they will be happy to help you with your issue.