WhatsApp became the subject of conversations when the new status update was released. Some people got an automatic update and express their surprise on social media. Some people were uncomfortable because they don’t like the changes. They rather the old version where the status is in the form of a text it is not automatically deleted after 24 hours. I personally don’t update my status for months and I only reply to messages. This is probably a concern that the WhatsApp team had and they are trying to get people to change their status and interact with the application more.
See also: 9 Ways Technology Has Changed Our Lives
I think that the WhatsApp team has sensed that people were losing the excitement and getting too complacent with the app and so they revived it with the new status option. You can change your status by uploading a video or picture and this is deleted within 24 hours. You are encouraged to change your status every day.
How to update your status?
If you are not a Snapchat user this may be a bit difficult for you so I am here to walk you through it.
- First, you have to click on status.
- You will see an icon that says add status. You will click on it and then you will be given the option to make a video or select a photo stored on your phone.
- You can click on the photo and add decorations such as text and smiley faces.
- If you want to add a video then select a circle icon at the bottom of your phone and it will begin to record.
- After you have made your status, you will select a green arrow and your status will be updated.
It is very simple once you follow the steps above. If you have any questions about the new feature. Please do comment below and let me know. I will respond to any additional question you have.