If you just switched from Android to iPhone, or from Windows to Mac, you are probably wondering what is iMessage. Keep reading as we are going to explain what it is, and we are also going to list some of its best features.
What is iMessage?
iMessage is a messaging service designed for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It is secure, and it is free.
This service does not require a cellular data connection. In other words, you can send iMessages when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network in which case sending a message is free of charge. If Wi-Fi is not available to you at the moment, the messages will be sent over a cellular network. The data used for the messages can be deducted from your plan, especially if you are sending images or videos that may use a lot of data.
When sending an iMessage, the recipient also needs to have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
iMessage was introduced a decade ago, in 2011 and since then it got many new features and options. Here are some of the things you can use:
- You can send audio messages
- You can send and receive images and videos
- There is an option to create group chats
- You can use iMessage to send or receive money using Apple Pay
- You can create and send animojis
- There is an option to share your location with your contacts
- You can send handwritten notes
These are some of the many cool things that you can do with iMessage. If you just got one of the Apple devices we’ve mentioned before, we can guarantee that you are going to love iMessage and all of its features.