Jailbreak remains a useful tool that is still popular with many device owners. While Apple managed to make jailbreak for the recent iOS versions almost impossible, this does not mean that there are not any Apple devices that can be jailbroken. One good example is the Apple TV 4 that uses tvOS. As long as you have version 10.0 through 10.1 you are able to get the jailbreak for researcher Jonathan Levin.
The jailbreak works only if you have those tvOS versions, but Levin said that he is also working on a tool for tvOS 9.1. If you are not sure how to jailbreak your device with the latest release from this jailbreak developer, we have come up with a short tutorial that should help you.
Before we start, we should tell you that this tool does not come with Cydia support, although the next versions should have it. Make sure that you have an Apple TV 4 that has the required tvOS versions.
- First of all, connect your Apple TV to your computer. Any desktop computer is fine, and you can use a Mac, Linux or Windows. Use a USB cable to connect these two.
- Make sure that you have the liberTV IPA file. You should be able to find it online.
- Then open Cydia Impactor. Apple TV should appear as connected to your computer.
- Tap the Start button. You will need to enter your Apple ID and your password.
- Impactor should begin installing the jailbreak on your Apple TV. Wait until it has installed it.
- Now you can disconnect your Apple TV from your computer. Use a HDMI port to connect it to the TV.
- You should see the liberTV icon on the Home screen. Open it, select the settings and tap “Do it.”
- Wait until the jailbreak process is complete.