In this age of information technologies, everything is impressive for the users as far as it is friendly and mobile. Samsung has also evolved themselves from a small scale company to a multi-billion dollar assets organization. Samsung mobiles have taken over most of the giants through their innovation and their devotion in offering best of the best a consumer can attain. Samsung Electronics Ltd has introduced an astonishing tool which is going to solve the ongoing flow of synchronizing the phone with the PC or Mac and they’ve named it as ‘Samsung Kies’.
Samsung Kies is an official tool of Samsung, which can be downloaded on your PC or Mac and it allows the user to manage the music, videos, installing the required Firmware updates regularly, managing contacts and calendar events with the retention of the quality and no fidgeting in the data. Samsung has introduced another variable ‘Kies’ and has named it ‘Kies Mini’. The only difference between these two tools is that Mini supports some selected devices which are Samsung Vibrant, Captivate or Infuse, rest all the features remains the same in both the versions.
How to Download Kies Mini to Update your Samsung Phone
- Charge the phone battery. Whenever there is an installation run it usually consumes time, hence it’s always advisable to fully charge the phone before updating the software.
- Download the ‘Kies Mini‘ software from the trusted Samsung authorized website and follow the steps below to upgrade your Samsung Phone with ‘Kies Mini’.
- After the software is downloaded and before connecting your Samsung device to your PC or Mac, please change the device USB settings to ‘Ask on Connection’.
See also- Download Samsung Kies
(From the home screen, touch windows → Settings Applications USB Settings) Connect the device to your PC, then select ‘Samsung Kies’ from the select ‘USB Mode’ on the screen before the firmware software starts to upgrade.
- To protect your phone’s data during the process of upgrade always keep a backup for all the important files as phone contacts, calendar, pictures etc.
- Do not disconnect the phone from the USB once the update is in progress.
- Refrain from touching the screen or home button in your phone as it might create a disruption in the process.
- If disk space is insufficient the backup may fail, so please make sure that there is enough space available in the disc before starting the backup.
- The time needed to perform a backup process may differ depending on the amount of data.
- Any data in the SIM Card will not be backed up.
- Please refrain from taking any calls while an upgrade is in progress.
- An upgrade usually takes about 10 to 30 minutes, but it may take longer depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
- Running PC software while an upgrade is in progress may place a heavy load on your computer.
- After the run-up is completed click on ‘Mobile Phone Upgrade’ button on the program.
- Click on the ‘Upgrade required’ link in the mobile phone information display of the program.
4. Performing the mobile phone upgrade.
- Review the upgrade version and the necessary information, check the ‘acknowledgement check box’ and click on ‘Upgrade’ button.
- Move the mouse cursor over the ‘View Detailed information’ in the upgrade version display, and the details of improvements included in the upgrade will be displayed.
- Once the upgrade is complete click the ‘OK’ button.
- Do not disconnect the phone from your PC or Mac while the upgrade is in a process.
5. Mobile Phone emergency recovery. Due to any disruption while the upgrade is in process mobile phone (phone’s connection or an error occurs) your phone may cease to work correctly. You can use Mobile Phone Emergency Recovery to recover your phone from such failure. Click on ‘Emergency Recovery’ button at the bottom of the program and it will run the emergency recovery process. Once the recovery is complete, click ‘OK’ button.
After the recovery is completed your phone is connected to the Samsung Kies Mini and all the software updates will run automatically without any manual intervention.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.