Zenfone 2 With 4GB of RAM

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by teamxxlp, Apr 27, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The Asus Zenfone 2 hasn't officially hit the United States yet, but it's available in other countries. The biggest model comes with a Full HD display and 4GB of RAM, with the latter being the most notable feature. That much RAM is unnecessary for most users, but it's perfect for power users and gamers. It's a dual-SIM device, too, which is nice for some people.

I was interested in the device until I found out that the 3,000 mAh battery doesn't last much longer than smaller devices with smaller batteries. Oh, well. 4GB of RAM will surely interest some users!

2. Loading...

3. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

I wonder what games use that much ram though :D. I mean in the future sure, but now are there any? I think it's great that it has 4GB of ram but I am seriously wondering what it's going to be useful for. But maybe I'm just a little ignorant.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Combined with other running processes on the phone, a lot of games and intensive apps will take up two to three GB of RAM with ease. It's not that hard to overload a phone to the point where 4GB of RAM is being used. 2GB is the standard for medium-to-high-end smartphones right now, and more and more devices are coming out with 4GB of RAM. It's not that hard to suck up that much memory, even as a moderate user.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

This unit of Asus has actually been receiving raves in my country. It is quite cheaper than the Iphone or Samsung Galaxy Series but I heard that it delivers.

Most of the comments I read are positive. For one, they rave about the camera. It seems like this phone has a nice resolution and megapixel but more than that it has a built in smoothening effect. In turn, you look flawless in your selfies lol!

They also rave about how efficient it is with regards to memory and response. They said that even if you load it with applications, it would still be fast.

The only negative thing I have read is that its battery seems to drain fast for some users.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Battery life on the Asus Zenfone 2 is lackluster considering it's a 3,000 mAh battery, but it's not utterly terrible. Asus probably could have done a better job with battery management and lightening up the Zen UI to maximize battery life. I won't complain, though. There are devices from other manufacturers with larger batteries that don't last as long as the Zenfone 2. It could always be worse. A larger battery would have been nice for obvious reasons!

7. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

I use zenfone 5 with 2gb RAM it's so fast it can run many application at the same time. How much more if you have 4gb ram..