Xperia M4 Aqua Has 1.28GB of Internal Memory

Discussion in 'Sony' started by teamxxlp, Jun 12, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

So the M4 Aqua comes with 8GB of internal memory, but after all is said and done you wind up with only 1.28GB to use for yourself. Of course, the device features expandable memory. That's still an extremely small amount of storage available to the consumer, and it might be more honest to say that there is no internal memory. It's a little annoyance, and most 8GB internal memory phones at least give you three or four gigs!

2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Very wrong. 1.8GB won't suffice in today's world at all. I doubt you'll be able install many apps on this. Expandable storage is good but still the internal storage should have at least 4GB available.

How much exactly is this phone? I remember seeing it somewhere for $400++ and I think it's really not worth going for it.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I believe the retail price is just under $400, but I don't remember specifically at the moment. It doesn't make any sense, and I'm not sure why Sony made that decision. Perhaps a 4GB SD card should have been included to make up for that shortfall, or the device could have been bumped up to 16GB of internal memory without changing the price. It's definitely not worth it from a storage standpoint.

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree. They could've atleast gone straight for a 16GB model, scratching off the 8GB one. It's not a budget device after all. I mean it is in Sony's perspective, but the price to pay for this is not cheap.