Worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've seen so many people saying how great this phone is but is it really worth it? I honestly think that it's too big for me. If it's worth it, then what about the size draws you to it? I think the size is a turn off to me because I don't need a phone the size of a tablet.

kaplan matthew likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, if you have been an Apple fan for years, the iPhone 6 Plus is a great upgrade. The size you can get use to it. The benefits of this compared to the normal iPhone 6 is that it has a better screen quality, better battery by a huge margin and has optical stabilization in it's camera.

So simple answer yes, it is a good device to purchase as long as you can get use to the screen size!

4. PulkitGoyal1997

PulkitGoyal1997 New Member

The iPhone 6 is a good phone. If you don't like the screen size being too big, then you shouldn't buy it.
    If you do decide to buy the iPhone6 I suggest comparing it with other phones like OnePlus One and the Google Nexus before purchasing it.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think if your an Apple fanboy then it's the only phone to get. Others are probably a bit more level headed though and will actually weigh up the pros and cons of the different devices.

Regarding the size of the phone, I'm not a fan of big phones either to be honest so that alone would put me off the 6.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah, I am not drawn to the big phone either. I don't have a pocket that big to carry it in, but you know, different folks, different stroke. I might change my mind and get it some time in the future when my eyes are getting a bit worse to see. My brother loves his big phone since he can do more with it.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As you say, at the end of the day it will make a difference what you actually use your device for. Just for general day to day use then I don't need a massive phone, others might need one for business use or whatever though.

8. seatones

seatones New Member

I think for most people, a regular sized iPhone is plenty big. Unless you have some reason that a bigger size would benefit you, I don't think it's really worth it. Yeah, there are new features, but maybe sit back and evaluate if you realized you even needed new features. I often have to do this with new technology because they market the newer features in a way that makes you think that you "need them" when in reality you were doing fine without them. It is nice having cameras with higher resolution and bigger screens for touch-screen keyboards, but I would say 8 times out of 10 it's not really "worth it."

9. leovew

leovew New Member

It all boils down to user preference. Although the size may be at a disadvantage to some, but others find this very useful especially those who use their phones extensively for work. The size accommodates a bigger screen which can help users navigate it better.

But if you use the phone mainly for calling and texting and Facebook, then try to consider the iPhone 6 instead.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's a good phone and if you enjoy the ecosystem then you should definitely buy it. The 5.5" size is kind of big but you will get used to it after a while (I've became accustomed to a Nexus 6 so there's that).
    The phone has a very nice design and it's the best iOS device right now.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Another thing to look out for of course is the battery life. The screen is probably the main feature on a phone that consumes the most battery, so obviously the bigger the screen is, the more drain will be on the battery.

12. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

True. Apple is one of the better companies at optimizing battery life, though. Both iPhone 6 versions can get 10+ hours of battery life with ease on a battery that's much smaller than plenty of other flagship smartphones. Battery life is never an issue with the iPhone if you ignore what some saw as lackluster battery life on the iPhone 5 and 5S. Optimization for hardware and software can mitigate some of the impact on battery life from bigger screens, which LG proved for the G4.

13. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. Sometimes the new technology that they make, we really don't need. Most of the time we are able to just get the updates on our old phones, and they are just about the same. The only problem is Apple keeps coming out with more updates and you have to make sure your phone is able to get the update. More times than not they will drop one old iPhone per new update and say that it won't work with the new update. That's one of the main reasons why I go out and buy a new phone when my contract is up. No, I don't always need to new feature. And yes they are nice to have, but it all boils down to if I am able to get that new update that will come out.

14. kaplan matthew

kaplan matthew New Member

LOL! Well, I don't think that you have so much big reason for not having that phone. Everyone nowadays are looking for the phones which are bigger in size, they look cool! :p
    I think you should go for it ;)

15. MarvinJYuhas

MarvinJYuhas New Member

If you area iPhone fan for year, then you will definitely like this phone. The battery life, the bigger screen and enhanced features.
    But I honestly like Android phones and not a big fan of big sized phones.