Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoshK, Jul 29, 2015.

1. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

So the big day has finally arrived. But who has got there copy of Windows 10 installed?

I've reserved my copy and still waiting for my time to be told it's ready for me to download and update. Problem I have is I don't know what version of Windows 10 it is going to be, is it going to be Home Edition or Professional edition etc?

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have a copy ready but I don't know if I want to upgrade yet. I'll hold on until I hear about the pros and cons. Do you know if all my files remain on the PC after installing Windows 10 or does it wipe my whole system?

4. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

From what I've heard it works in the same way as a conventional upgrade. There is no data wiping at all. Also, if your not happy with Windows 10 you can always downgrade back to your original OS.

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm probably gonna stick with 7 for a while longer and 7 will likely be on my next laptop.

I don't know why but I just don't like the look of the latest versions of Windows.

6. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Problem with Windows 7 is that it is soon coming out of support and therefore will only have a limited amounts of support.

Those who have reserved their copies of Windows 10, if your still waiting to download it, you can bypass the queue:
    http://pocketnow.com/2015/07/29/force-windows-10-update

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Thanks for the clarification, I'll wait a couple of days since I'm out of town but I'll probably try it out on my laptop. Windows 10 looks pretty good!

8. Zimbitt

Zimbitt New Member

Not yet, I'm waiting to hear what everyone else is saying about it. I don't want to put up with the headache if it turns out to be shit :/

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am really not sure if I want to install Windows 10 on my laptop computer, but I already got a copy of it, just waiting there to be upgraded. I am pretty satisfied now with all the features of Windows 7.

10. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

So I've been trying to upgrade to Window 10 not since yesterday with still no luck, I've been following the guide I provided earlier and it keeps erroring on the Windows update and this has happened several times. I have since used the Windows Update Repair tool which has repaired a few things as well as deleting the cache. It's now starting to download it from fresh (and it's taking a long time! but maybe that's a good thing). I shall let you all know how I get on!

11. Serena Claire

Serena Claire New Member

I am not upgrade to Windows 10. Not a big fan of it. Most people got problems after upgrade.

12. ealltech

ealltech New Member

I'm probably gonna stick with 7 for a while longer and 7 will likely be on my next laptop.