Will Samsung Ruin The Note line?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Jul 13, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Samsung is almost guaranteed to give the Note 5 the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge premium design treatment, which isn't necessarily a good thing. It works for the two mainstream devices that consumers purchase en masse, but that's not the case for the Note series, which is a niche device for its productivity power. Note users absolutely want removeable batteries and expandable storage, and moving away from that could prove problematic for Samsung's bottom line.

Give the Note 5 a better design, sure, but don't take away the things consumers like most from an already niche device!

2. Loading...

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

They probably will. Maybe not in the near future, but let's face it: nothing lasts forever. Just as Blackberry screwed up big time and started going downhill, they will make a mistake and their Note series will probably go South before they even know it. Now, I'm not sure what that mistake might be, but if I were to bet, I'd say that it could be not bringing enough innovation to the table.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I already pointed out what's going to hurt the Note line more so than anything else. Power users don't care about premium design, they care about functionality. By removing expandable storage and removable batteries, assuming that happens, people aren't going to be happy with Samsung. The Note series has always been a niche product, and niche users are far less likely to accept drastic changes compared to mainstream users with devices that are meant for the masses. Alienating the actual user base is what will crush the Note line or any others.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

From what it seems like all those extra features that power users loved will be taken away this year from the Note 5. It sucks, but I guess we are the minority here and there isn't too much we can do to change Samsung's mind.

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Have y'all noticed that being out of touch with what customers want, or being aware of it and apparently not caring, has become prevalent throughout big business? It seems I notice this more every day. Even when told specifically what to do to improve service and keep customers happy, many companies choose to make the changes they want to make, regardless of whether they lose customers. It's a very short sighted approach to business, in my opinion, but they seem to feel that they know best, and will dictate to users what will be available, regardless of whether or not we want it.