Why wrong country shows in Google Searches ?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Darleen, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Darleen

Darleen New Member

Hi, I'm using the HTC Desire Z and whenever I do a generic search (Hotels, for example) my phone will bring up results from the USA(I'm in Australia).
    I have checked every location, all are set correctly. I have tried removing location data and still i end up in the USA. It usually appears when I search button within the Browser.

Any ideas about this ? Thanks.

2. Loading...

3. Jonna

Jonna Member

Hi, Download a program called more locals from the market, there are two or three of them, install the program and go to setting and locations, select your local and presto, everything will be right in the world.

4. Darleen

Darleen New Member

Have you checked your gmail account ? There are country option and time zone in the personal details there: may be it's using those? Try this may be time zone and country region are changed.

5. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I did encounter this issue and also, sometimes checking the settings can be the issue and need to check them and also the settings need to be looked at as this can be a reason it maynot work and it can be annoying when this occurs. I hope that people check their settings on account and also on the mobile and need to check what the settings are on the mobile as well. I, think it is interesting how this can happen and the company should tell customers about this and also do more so this does not happen in the future.

6. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Did you turn on the GPS feature for your phone. I think your GPS feature might be malfunctioning.