Why i can't get the 4.3 Jellybean Update ? :(

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by SonyTark, Mar 30, 2015.

1. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

hello, i want to ask why the 4.3 Update was not delivered to my galaxy nexus terminal, i live in Spain and until this moment, when i check for updated\s, it's says : no Updates available... my phone is carrier free and is running stock Android....

2. Loading...

3. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Hy sony , from what i know, international Galaxy nexus it takes a while until they deliver the Jellybean Update, however, there are people reporting that international carrier free don't receive updates, but this i don't know if it's true as mine is carrier lock and receive the update ...

You either install it by yourself or go to the company and ask them about the update ...

4. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

but if i install it by myself that means i will loose the warranty right ? :(

5. JimSmith92

Recognized Member

yes Sony, if your phone is under warranty protection, the you will loose warranty by unlocking the bootloader , rooting the phone, install CWM and flash the update from the console ... soo, take it at your own risk buddy ...

6. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

ok, i will try to read some tutorials about rooting and CWM and come back with an answer ...

PS : heyy Jim, i was able to install CWM :D, download the 4.3 jellybean update and flash it from CWM, once the process has been completed, i power on my phone ( it took like 7 minutes for the 1-st boot ) and Jellybean is up and running on my nexus 9250, thank you for your help mate :D

7. JimSmith92

Recognized Member

glad that you manage to install it by yourself, good luck :p

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Some phones are limited, where Google would limit the upgrade and not give it out to any brands, because it could harm your phone and specifications aren't good enough for it.