Why Huawei Makes Sense For Next Nexus Phablet

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by teamxxlp, May 17, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Huawei as the next phablet Nexus manufacturer has been rumored for months now, and it makes sense for the sole reason that the partnership would help Google cut its costs. The current Nexus 6 sells at a premium compared to past Nexus devices, but it's quite expensive to produce anyways. By partnering with Huawei, the company can get a similar device in specs and build quality while making the entire thing far cheaper and, therefore, more profitable.

GavinGimbo likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm from Asia, so I do see a lot of people having Huawei devices. Honestly, it's a good brand. Their software updates are not on par with the major brands but the quality is there.

Since Google chose Huawei, they should have valid reasons like you've pointed out. I am anyway looking forward to see what they can bring. The Nexus line is my favorite choice after all.

4. suegiplaye

suegiplaye New Member

If it is upgraded, I would happily buy another phone. This is a phone that I personally like. I think Google would make a good choice in having a partnership with them. I hope this rumor is true.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Maybe Huawei are producing a Nexus smartwatch this year? Who knows, but that'd be really cool. I'd buy it in a jiffy!

#4 FuZyOn, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    GavinGimbo likes this.
  6. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Their smartwatch portfolio, especially the new ones are really awesome. They look good, just like a normal shock watch. I agree, they definitely know how to design smartwatches!

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, and their watches would actually fit a Nexus smartwatch line. The slick design with little bezel and some premium features may actually appeal to Google.