Why Do You Love S6?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by jfab, May 3, 2015.

1. jfab

jfab Member

If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6, why exactly do you love it? And what is favorite feature from it?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

What I've heard from other people are high remarks for the design and the overall performance of the device. They're lesser fans of the battery life and change from expandable storage/removable batteries, though. I mean, it's exactly what you'd expect for a device that changed a decent amount of the Samsung formula for Galaxy S devices. Also, people seem to really like the S6 Edge's design minus the lack of features and functions for it.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think for many, the specs and actual performance of the phone is a key factor. A lot of the time devices don't live up to expectations but on this occasion I think Samsung have got it just about right.

5. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

I love the S6 because of it's looks and it's various features. With this new iteration of Samsung Galaxy series Samsung had went above beyond and had revamped their entire phone and had made it better than before. The feature are really cool especially the speed but some features kind of seem like they've been stolen from Apple for example the Find My Mobile app on the S6 it sounds a lot like Find My iPhone.

6. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I enjoy the camera use, and how also the pictures are clear and can store more pictures in it and real easy to use and nice to have in the phone and suits it as well. The video recording is good and also, quite nice to use and the recordings are real good and easy to use as well when taking videos. It is light as well, and looks good as well and a phone which is worth the money and also designed real well for people to buy and use as well.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As far as the S6 goes, I haven't read one bad review to be honest. Off the top of my head, I think its probably only the price that's putting a lot of people off.

8. jfab

jfab Member

I haven't seen a bad review about this phone either. It's looking like it's a knockout! Isn't this the phone Manny Pacquiao is also endorsing?

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm not sure if Manny is endorsing it or not, the phone even without is looking to be a massive hit for Samsung.

It makes you wonder why they would even need celebrity endorsements. People will buy the phone anyway.

10. jfab

jfab Member

Yeah, I found out he's endorsing it. That's the reason why his coach needed to stop and take a selfie before the fight using it. I agree with you though, that it doesn't need a celebrity to endorse it. It's pretty slick.

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think I'm mainly more into the design, I love the Samsung designs that it comes up with, ever since I've had S2 till now, it's just coming up with better and better designs. I also like the camera and certain software features that always come with the phone, but other than that it's not that different from previous versions in my opinion.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

On a bit of a side issue, does what device a celebrity uses, actually influence your choice of handset?

While I'm sure it's always good to know that people like manny have the same phone as you, would you actually change brands just to follow your favourite celebrity?

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

You make really good points. I personally don't even follow a celebrity because I'm intelligent to realize it's stupid.

14. anurag

anurag New Member

The s6 isn't just the most exciting android phone, it may be the most exciting of all phones.
    People complain about lack of removable memory but with a 32gb entry level and up to 128gb, I won't miss the sd slot.

15. Jalek

Jalek New Member

I like the S6 for the ability to take such awesome videos. It's also a good phone to show off with - beautiful design and sleek appearance. Another thing is the call quality that is better than most phones out there.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I played with it for a couple of days and it was a really enjoyable experience. I liked the fluidity, nothing can stop this phone. The phone is very snappy and takes awesome photos, curious to see how the G4 will fare.
    I also liked the build of the phone. It felt very sturdy in the hand.

17. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

You're right.

18. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

I really, really like its design. Other phones would have these amazing features and all but the design is a total blah, so I would never get enticed in buying it. But with the S6, I find it really beautiful. When I take it out and people see it, I feel like having the cutest baby in the world. And of course, the features are on point. So my S6 is beautiful inside and out.

19. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't own a Samsung Galaxy S6, however I did get a chance to test it out for a few days as my personal device. I've compiled a list of what I like about it and what I don't.

What I Like
    • The design is so much better than the previous iterations. Samsung has done a good job on this. The metal feels solid in hand.
    • The camera is superb. Just works like an iPhone and is better. HDR is what I adore the most.
    • The screen is just gorgeous. Everything is vibrant and sharp. Boy those colors are really popping.
    • Performs like a cheetah.
    What I Don't Like
    • The battery is something I am not satisfied with. It just doesn't last a day as I'm a heavy user. The maximum screen on time I get is 4 hours. Which is not bad, but could've been better.
    • Fingerprints on the back. I had the dark blue color and it is a fingerprint magnet.
    • TouchWiz is still TouchWiz. It's not bloated like before but still, I have issues with it. This is personal.