Why do I get this message after exiting to Home? (LG G3)

Discussion in 'LG' started by geobingshoot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

I traded phones with my mom. She got my Note 3 and I got her LG G3, and I am happier than ever, but since I've been using it, I have been getting this weird error message after going straight to the Home page from the application by clicking on the middle button (O/Home button). The message says ''Unfortunately, Home has stopped''.
    And then I can't use the Home page for a couple of seconds, then it appears again and I can go to the app drawer and do everything normally again.

It doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally, but it is very annoying.
    It happens to me after exiting Kik and going straight to the home page, but I'm not sure if it's the app that's causing it.
    Maybe there is a problem with the device or another application that can be causing it?

Please help, I want to get rid of this problem ASAP.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

First step with errors, always, is wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    Also, I would try with a different launcher to see if the problem persists.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

First, go to play store and download a launcher, I would suggest Nova Launcher. Then, when it's installed, touch the home button, and select Nova as your launcher. If it doesn't give you the error, then your LG Home Launcher is broken, and if you don't have root, you may need to backup your phone, and then factory reset it.
    If you still get the error with another launcher, then it's either a Kernel or a framework issue, and you will still need to factory reset your phone.

Another thing you could try, to see if it's an app causing this issue, is booting the phone to safe mode: Press and hold the Power key and then tap and hold the Power off option until you see Reboot to safe mode and tap OK. Try that and see if the error still occurs in safe mode, and if it does, then the home launcher is busted. You'll need to factory reset.

1 question, do you have any overdue system updates?

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I can suggest to try uninstalling launcher from Settings->Apps

How to do it? Simply find your Home Launcher on the app list, click uninstall and then phone will ask you if you want come back to factory version of that app so confirm it and after a while phone should ask you to update it again so you can try that.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

If you tried all suggestions and it still appears, what you could do now is flash you soft but to do so you will need to download one... I can't provide you with link now as it needs some search on Google... I will try to do it as soon as I can.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's probably a corrupted file. Try to clear the cache of your phone, hopefully that solves the issue. I know this thread is kind of old but it doesn't hurt to chime in and try to help out. :) Let us know how it goes!