Which tablet is good to Buy and why ?

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by Jonna, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Jonna

Jonna Member

Hey !

I'm seeing to take my fiancee a sub £160 tablet and not sure which is the best in that price range?
    According to my budget, which tablet should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

2. Loading...

3. Richard

Richard New Member

I would suggest the Nexus 7 2013 or the Memo 8.

You can get refurbished ones for the mentioned price. But if I had to select between the two, I would go with the Memo 8 because it has more features and it's reliable.

4. Davis

Davis New Member

I just purchased a Dell Venue 8 Pro for cost of $150 and it's pretty well so far. If you want the ultimate web browsing, then take a Windows 8 tablet.

I would also like to recommend the Nexus 7 2013 because it has good features.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

A lot depends on what he's going to be using the tablet for. If it's just for general web surfing and email then there's a lot of tablets in the market for under your price range that can do the job well enough.

At the moment I know Acer do a decent range of budget tablets that are more than capable and can be priced anywhere from between as little as £80 going up to £150.

The one area I always recommend people look at isn't the internal storage but the amount of RAM the tablet as got. Storage can usually be expanded easily by using a SD card (so make sure it's got a SD card slot aswell) and you can also use various cloud servers to save media to, also freeing up memory.

RAM is a lot harder to expand on a tablet though, RAM, as I'm sure your aware is what the tablet uses to process the information, how fast it can think and also how many things it can do at the same time, put basically.

You need as much RAM as you can get. There's no point in having massive internal storage if it keeps closing down all the time because the RAM can't handle what your trying to do.

Hope that helped a little?

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Industry Post

Industry Post New Member

The Nvidia Shield tablet is supposed to be the best gaming tablet on the market, but if you're looking for something a little lower end I would suggest finding something generic at a store. Tablets are all mostly priced by how well they function, and that's determined by what parts they have in them. The Nvidia Shield tablet has a really good processor to play games on it that lower end tablets don't.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think the brand wouldn't matter that much, but what I would recommend you is to find a tablet that has at least 2 GB of RAM and more than Quad Core 2 Ghz CPU clock speed. It's essential and very important to focus on the specifications more than the actual brand or the mark of the manufacturer. There are a lot of great phones out there with specifications that are insanely good in comparison to really popular brands where the specifications aren't as good, but you pay more for it because of the popular brand basically. In my personal opinion, focus completely on the specifications that I've said since they are the best in this year and can run all of the applications that are on the market, and they're quite cheap.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well you've no doubt heard the saying that you get what you pay for? Well this very much applies in the case of tablets I feel.

While you can get some these days as cheap as £50, I seriously doubt how good they'd actually be.

What I'd do is get a budget, and then spend as close as I can towards the top end of that budget becasuse you definitely get a lot more for your money the more that you spend.

Diane Lane and Kyler like this.
  9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I would have to disagree with you a little here it's because it's not always prices that we should look at. There's great devices out there for less price than the popular brands because basically, once you buy from Samsung for example, you're going to pay because it's from "Samsung". It makes a difference, popularity of the device makes a difference, even if it's not as good as an unpopular brand. I know that for a fact because of personal experience and examining devices specifications.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThane New Member

I bought a Dragon Touch for $69.99 and it works pretty well. Granted, I use it only for a few specific tasks including: YouTube videos, reading manga, watching tv, and Swagbucks apps. It is very bare bones, but that's really all I need.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's a good one, It's always good to have cheap choices in which you can use for specific things and it would do so well.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

I would suggest that you buy a Nexus 7 (2013). It's a Google tablet made by Asus. It's pretty much durable and runs the the last Android operating system. As for the price, I checked Amazon and it's for £133, pretty much below the range you were thinking. It's really worth it.

13. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I was given an iPad for Christmas, and I love it so far. I don't do much on it except for watching a show here and there before bed time. On occasions, I also do some search and some writing on sites when my Window laptop acted up.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@MikeOh Mike do you have the Nexus 7, or does anyone here have one? I know I can go look up the specs online, but I always like to get personal input from someone who actually uses the device. I'm wondering about the weight and thickness, since I can't have anything too bulky or heavy. I can usually manage to work with my iPod Touch for a while before my hands and wrists act up, so something about the same thickness, in a tablet, would probably work best for me.

15. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

Hi @Diane Lane ! Yes, I do have my Nexus 7 2013. I've been using it for two years now. I use it every day. So durabiltiy wise, it's really at par with others. As for its weight, it weighs 299 g, so it's not really that heavy. You can type using one or both hands so it's comfortable either way. It's not that bulky as well. It's width as same as the iPhone 5. If you have other personal questions related to using it, we can discuss it here so others will know as well.

Diane Lane likes this.