Which Service Provider Offers the Best Deal For iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IcyBC, Jun 16, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My sister wants to get the iPhone 6 since she does lots of businesses on her phone and was looking for a bigger screen phone. Her service provider is AT&T and they had recently stop their contract program on June 1st. To get the iPhone 6, it will now cost her $700.

You all know that Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile and AT&T all have this phone, but now with T-mobile and AT&T no longer offer contract for a discount phone, which service provider is best to go with?

Who has experiences with Verizon, and who has experiences with Sprint? She is willing to switch provider to get the discount price for the iPhone 6.

2. Loading...

3. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have AT&T, but I have heard that Verizon and Sprint are both less money. You actually get more for your money with Sprint. I was looking into both of those providers the other day. I honestly think that AT&T does everything that they can to get money from you. I don't like them, nor do I like their service. I never have any, anywhere. I honestly think that she would be better going with one of the other companies. Not T-mobile though because you have to pay full price for the phone. My friend has it, and it's not good. I would suggest Sprint because you can get more for your money and I'm sure that overall it will be cheaper, you don't have to pay $700 for a phone.

IcyBC likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Sprint has the iPhone lease deal that costs $50 per month for unlimited everything and they tend to waive the monthly cost of the iPhone, too, though that's not always the case. It's hands-down the best deal, but I have a lot of experience with Sprint, and the company's network is lacking in unimaginable ways. It's going to be a long time before Sprint offers a powerful network unless you live in a major city.

IcyBC likes this.
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am with T-mobile for years now, but before that I had Verizon and I hate that company with a vengeance :) Every month they sneaked some charges in there that my basic phone back then can't even do; and every month I had to spend lots of time on the phone disputing the charges.

Sprint sounds like the choice that she should take, and she even mentioned checking out Sprint. Thank you!

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

She mentioned jumping over to Sprint but worried about their network. She has to travel through many rural areas in Ohio, and needs to have the network. Although AT&T was expensive, but it seems they are the only one that is strong enough to carry her through those farm land areas.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Depends on where you leave since the network can be really bad in some areas. I personally really like Sprint as a company and I would choose it over AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile.
    If you're worried about coverage I would go with AT&T, even though I had horrible experiences with their customer service.

IcyBC likes this.
  8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My sister lives in Ohio, and she has to travel through many farm land to get back to Michigan as her business is in Michigan. We have heard that Sprint isn't strong for those areas, and God forbids if something happens to her in those areas and she can't get coverage.

I had horrible customer service with Verizon before and ended up paying the fee just to get out of it. My sister likes AT&T!

#7 IcyBC, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also think a lot will depend on where you are as to what operator you go with. Sometimes the service is more important than what's the best deal, as there's no point in getting a top of the range phone for a cheap price, but having service limitations due to poor network coverage.

IcyBC likes this.
  10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, coverage is what on the priority list for my sister! She travels between Ohio and Michigan many times a year, and most areas that she crosses are rural farm areas. As of late, she is still using her iPhone 4 and her provider is AT&T.

I have T-mobile so when we are in the same car, going through farmland, she still has signal and I don't. That is just to tell you AT&T network is strong :)

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think a lot of operators are constantly improving their network service, so that's definitely one of the main things to look at when purchasing a new device.

I've been with the same operator for a few years now so it's not an issue, but for people who aren't happy with their service at the moment, it's definitely worth changing.

12. KatyCat

KatyCat New Member

I can't seem to understand why all of the major providers keep airing these commercials about having the best networks and the best coverage when I don't really notice any major differences. I'm not sure if it's the topography or what, but there are some providers that just have terrible service around my city. There's dead zones everywhere, and then you get a half hour north and you find yourself roaming on the highway. It's nuts!

I know that I'm overpaying, but I have to stay with my provider to avoid the aforementioned disaster. It's the only one in my area that doesn't totally crap out when you get more than twenty minutes out of the city center. It will definitely be interesting to see what the next two to four years bring for cell phone service reform.

13. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@KatyCat I live in a big city, and when I am inside Walmart, I don't even have signal and I am with T-mobile! It is definite crazy that all of them want to be the best, and they are not. T-mobile is affordable for me, so I stay with it. I figure I can live a few minutes without data just like the old days when we don't even have cellphone.

14. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am happy with my service provider because they are not cut throat, and they have better customer service. I have been with them more than 8 years already, and if I have a problem, they always try to make me happy.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Customer service I always a big issue and if you've found a provider that your happy with then there's no reason to change. In the past, with a lot of the carriers, the support you got when needing help with a service or a device was shocking, but recently it looks like they're realising that the customer relationship is a key factor, and people aren't willing to just accept an inferior service.

16. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My sister said that AT&T has changed their contract too, and she missed it by about three days! You are now paying for full price for the phone, over a period of months if you choose to do that, or pay in one shot. I think with the fierce competition among service providers, they are aiming to get rid of contract. Maybe Verizon and Sprint will change their policy too in the future.

For me, I like contract and two years are not long if I can get a free phone, or closer to a free phone since the contract will absorb that price of the phone. Too bad, my T-mobile offers no more contract so I am now careful with my iPhone usage!

17. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am so glad customer service making a come back! I don't know what they were thinking by treating their own customers so bad when the customers are their bread and butter. Verizon for me was the worst one of all. They just didn't give a darn when another lady and I came in with the same problem on the same phone. After a few back and forth with the representative, that lady terminated her service right there and then, and when it was my turn I did the same.

I figured paying them the termination fees was less than what I have to pay monthly over the next two years.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS KING, in my book!

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I do have a bit if sympathy with the network operators, as especially in recent times, there's no customer loyalty anymore and people will just follow and switch to the best deal at the drop of a hat.

They would try all different ways in order to keep their customers, offering loyalty bonuses and other incentives, but none of that made a difference.

They didn't invest much in the customer service, simply because it wasn't worth it for them.

19. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I switched from Verizon to T-mobile since that unfortunate event, and I found that their customer service was the best. I can't afford the bill of AT&T and Sprint so I stayed with T-mobile. I also know the manager of a T-mobile store, whom I have helped to put him there, so if I have a problem, he is always willing to work it out with me.

20. Val

Val New Member

I personally have AT&T and have been with them for years, really all my life. I am currently on a two-year contract with them that allowed me to get my iPhone 6 by first doing a down payment and then paying a certain amount of money each month for two years. I find this as an okay deal, since I don't really like the idea of switching over to another service provider. I also really like the coverage as well.