Which Samsung S4 do you own?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Kyler, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Hello,

There are two types of Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones out there. I believe there's the american version which is quad core, and then there's a six core or an octa core one. I'm not completely sure but I'm interested to hear about it more. Could you please tell me what the name of the processors are and which ones you think are better? Meaning which version is better of the Samsung Galaxy S4.

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

There are a lot more than two types of the Galaxy S4, including a variety of region-specific models. Then you've got the S4 Active, S4 Mini, and S4 Zoom. Regardless of processor, they're all going to function fairly similar to each other, except perhaps the S4 Mini. They tend to run Snapdragon 600 or 800 processors, and a few variants have the in-house Exynos processor from Samsung.

4. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Thank you, really helpful. I think I've got the Exynos processor? I don't think I have the Snapdragon one. Could you remind me if the Snapdragon is the american version?

5. turt

turt New Member

Snapdragon is the American version. The Exynos version is only sold overseas. I haven't used the Exynos processor but I'd assume that Qualcomm's modem technology is far superior unless those units use Broadcom.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I guess I have the Exynos one because I don't live in America and I have a better processor than the Snapdragon one. It's really amazing, and yes I would say it's the superior one.