Which iPhone did you start with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teamxxlp, May 1, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If you've ever owned an iPhone or still own one, then you had to have started somewhere with a single device. Which one was it? I know people that started with the original iPhone and have owned every single model since then. I know others that started later, such as with the iPhone 5.

2. Loading...

3. jfab

jfab Member

I started with the iPhone 3Gs. I still have it actually.

4. Chloe Webber

Chloe Webber New Member

The first iPhone I ever had was the 3Gs, and it worked perfectly. However, I had to have the screen replaced and it never worked properly after that. Although, I think it is a great first phone, and you can buy them pretty cheaply on websites such as Ebay now.

5. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My first ever iPhone and Apple device is the iPhone 4s I have now. It was given to me by someone who is not using it anymore. I thought that I would never enjoy Apple devices because I have always been using Android ones. Anyway, I love my 4s, and I hope that I will be able to use it for much longer. :)

6. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am an early adopter of Apple products and started with the very first iPhone back in 2007. However I skipped then 2nd iteration and purchased the iPhone 3G later. After that I've bought every single iPhone model that is available to the present day. Since I develop mobile apps it does help to keep some of the older models around for testing purposes.

7. blumenkranz

blumenkranz New Member

I started with the 3GS a year or so ago. I was pretty behind, but I have a 4s now. Even though the 3GS was slower, there was some charm to it. I have a 4s, but for some reason I'd really like to just have an old iPhone for novelty purposes.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I was never an Apple enthusiast but I've grown quite fond of the devices, although I'm a big Android fanboy. That being said, I started out with the iPhone 4 a couple of years ago just to fiddle around with the whole iOS ecosystem. I now have an iPhone 6 that I use from time to time.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The first iPhone that I had was the 4 and that was the best phone that I've had from Apple. Now I'm still using an Apple phone, but that has been my favorite one I've used so far. It was very durable and I liked that I was able to replace the parts on my phone whenever something broke. My iPhone 4 dropped more times than I can count, but it still worked really good. It was my favorite phone, but the downside was that I broke it from jailbreaking it. Then I got my iPhone 5c. While that is a good phone, it's not my favorite. I thought that I would really like it, but like any phone it has its problems. They aren't all that durable. My boyfriend also had the 5c, and we were at a Yankees game, and his phone fell out of his pocket and onto the ground and half the phone just stopped working. So I don't think those phones are that durable. I know many people like to think that they are because they are made of plastic on the back, but really they aren't.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I started with iPhone 5 after my son dropped his and shattered the screen. The phone was only a year old, and everything was still working with the shattered screen, but his dad put him on his plan with Verizon, so I inherited it. I got it fixed for $100 dollars including a better camera; so I am happy with it. I intended to keep it for as long as I can.

11. JayWifi

JayWifi New Member

I haven't actually gotten my first iPhone till recently. I got a 5C for christmas as compensation when my iTouch went through the washing machine. Before the iPhone, I have had flip phones for years. It is kind of weird when your friends look at your phone and they get nostalgia. I am very happy to have a iPhone 5c now and it does everything I want it to do.

12. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I started with Iphone 3G about 4-5 years ago and I was amazed with it, even if id didn't had a lot of stuff... it was my first "real" cellphone and I was the cool kid with an Iphone on my school.

13. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I wish that I had gotten that phone when it first came out. It was such a good phone, that I always used to play on my friends 3G. I had the chance when I was made to switch over to AT&T, but didn't think that I would like it. Plus, the iPhone back then wasn't as big as they are now. It's funny to talk about how that wasn't the phone everyone wanted.

14. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I started out with the iPhone 4s and still have it. I will also probably keep it as a back up to use as and when I need it.

It's been a pretty good phone for what I needed to use it for. The battery life was a little bit pants though.