Where to find a durable yet inexpensive case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by introspectivgroup, May 6, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I know that it is very important to make sure that my phone is protected. I almost had a shattered the other day. I want to know where I can find an inexpensive durable case for my iPhone 6. The cases I saw were $60 plus. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. pixel

pixel New Member

Have you tried Amazon? There are a lot of inexpensive cases there, just make sure that you find one from a reputable seller with decent reviews. In my experience, good phone cases in general cost $10-$20 or so. The iPhone 6 is a newer phone though, so it's likely that there will be a mark up on case prices for it.

4. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

Some the best places to look for cases like that is on eBay and Amazon. First start off by refining your search and put it to your budget. Then what you want to do is look for case that you think looks good and that will suit your style. Finally read the reviews on the case if there a lot of good reviews saying it's a durable case then buy it. If people say the case is bad then forget about that case and look for another one.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I usually buy my cases off of ebay. I do not have an iphone, but my current phone is very fragile all the same. There are a number of affordable cases available on ebay for under $10. I bought a heavy duty case that has a rubber outing and a plastic inside. I've dropped my phone a number of times, it bounces and then it is still is perfect condition. I bought that case for about $7 with tax and free shipping. :)

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I buy all my phone accessories off Amazon. There's loads on there that are well priced and decent quality.

What I would say though is make sure you check out the customer ratings, and dont just go for the cheapest. You can get a good one for around $20.

7. pixel

pixel New Member

It just occurred to me that another great place to look for phone cases would be kiosks at shopping malls if there are any near your area. They tend to have a pretty good variety in terms of design and colors, plus you get the added benefit of handling the case in person to get a feel for how durable it is. Every kiosk that's worth its salt will have an array of iPhone cases to pick from too.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

+1 for eBay. There are a lot of good sellers out there and there's a variety of phone cases on that market.
    I recommend you give it a try, that's where I buy my cases too.

9. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree with everyone's comments here and look on eBay or Amazon. I got my Otter Box for under $20 bucks while at the store they want from $40-60 bucks. I also bought different cases for all my children's phones from eBay too for less than $10 dollars and those cases did a fantastic job so far.

10. takeabow

takeabow New Member

I order my phone cases off of Amazon. I can always find a cute, personalized case for less than Best Buy and other sellers. I have gotten an otter box from Amazon for around $15 dollars but I wanted to change it up when I upgraded to the iPhone 6. I decided to put a glass screen protector on my phone, I did not like the way the plastic cover of the otter box felt or functioned with the touch screen. The glass screen protector was the best investment I have ever made! I am able to have the cute covers that don't cover the screen and I don't worry about scratching my phone!

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

eBay or Amazon, great places.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While many people have mentioned online being the best place to get a phone case, if you would rather go and buy one face to face, most phone companies now have shops in the high street, and they'll also stock cases and other accessories. The prices do tend to be a bit more expensive though, but you are able to try a few out so you know just what's best for you.

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Haha that's what I always think. I think that's the best thing and a lot of them are actually cheap and you can see them physically so that's great.

14. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I would have to say eBay or Amazon. You have to be careful though. I have the 5c and when I look up cases, some of them are cheap knockoff brands and you don't want those. They won't be able to protect your phone. I would say if you look up name brand wise you will be able to get some really good cases, cheap. I know that the speck cases are good, and I have one from eBay that was inexpensive. Most of the Speck cases are around $30-35 and I got mine on eBay for $18. I would have to say that's a really good deal. Plus, you can bet on cases that would otherwise be more expensive if you got them at their retail price.

15. KNH

KNH New Member

I definitely recommend Amazon if you don't want to spend too much money. eBay is usually knock-offs, so be careful with those. I got an i-Blason case on Amazon and it's done well for me.

16. Val

Val New Member

The last iPhone I had was completely shattered front front to back because I did not protect it well. When I got my iPhone 6, I vowed to take care of it by getting a protective phone case. However, I have always hated the bulkiness of more expensive cases. I wanted a case that could still show how pretty my phone was and protect it at the same time. I went on Amazon to find the perfect case and I did. There are several vendors that sell clear, rubber cases that completely protect my phone. They're light-weight, cheap (around $10) or so, and very protective. I have had this case on my phone for about eight months now and my phone has no damage to it!

17. turtledove

turtledove New Member

I generally get mine from eBay or Amazon. They almost always provide value for money. Just make sure that you check the reviews for the product before ordering it, and you should get a pretty good quality case. I would not recommend buying the harder cases, as they generally crack very easily if you drop your phone even once or twice. Normally I would prefer a simple silicon case - they're durable and quite protective and they're very easy to take and on and off the phone.

18. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I tend to purchase my device cases from eBay, since there is a huge selection and good prices. But, it depends on what exactly you want. First, I always decide what's most important, which in my case is, protection, but I also have other considerations, such as grip, since I tend to drop items, and don't want something hard or slick. I also go for pretty and bright cases, so it's easier to locate my device if I forget where I've put it. Etsy and Zazzle are good places to find cases with unique artworkdesigns, if that's something that interests you.