When will the iPad Apps be available on iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0rnad0, Apr 22, 2015.

1. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

Hello everyone,

I've had my iPhone 6 Plus since launch day and I really like it a lot. However, I would love it even more if Apple would allow us to use apps that are only available on the iPad. Does anyone know if this is something that will be available in the future or should I just give up hope? Thanks.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

While I don't know a definate answer on this one, I'd probably say that even though the apps from the iPad can be used on the iPhone, I wouldn't say Apple would be overly keen to let them cross over. I mean, if you can download all your iPad apps onto your phone, then you wouldn't need to be buying an iPad then would you?

While it's technologically viable, in a business sense then maybe not so much.

Like I said though, that's just my opinion, I'm sure other people on the forum would be far more knowledgeable regarding Apple and might give you a definitive answer?

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

A lot of apps are available on both the iPad and iPhone, so it's not a huge issue for the average person. I can see your frustration, though. It's unlikely that Apple would make those apps available on both platforms because it would cost the company some profits long-term, and that's the biggest issue. Apple is all about the profits, and the company does an incredible job of getting the most money possible from its consumer base.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It certainly does do a good job in getting as much money as it can. You'd have thought Apple might have dropped the prices a little considering how much of a market share android as taken off it but that's not the case.

6. jfab

jfab Member

I agree. There are apps that are only for iPad. I would love it if I can have them on my iPhone 6 plus too!

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

That's probably another reason why I switched from Apple to android. Apple apps seem to be more device specific where as with android you can pretty much download anything across the whole range of devices.

Even apps that are specifically made for a tablet or a phone will still work on any device.

8. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I really don't know. I would like to think that they would maybe look into it in the future, because I feel like they do a pretty good job with listening to what their customers want most of the time. The iPad itself allows many of the apps from the iphone, available for download there. I think there may be a small chance. But like others have said, if you could get everything you need on one of their devices, then there is no need to buy a different product from them, so they would be losing profit.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

And that the major issue, they're going to want to keep their customers happy, but at the same time they're also going to need to make a profit across their whole range so it's a balancing act.

10. AlexKabam

AlexKabam New Member

You should give up hope right now. Unfortunately, the iPhone 6 Plus is not an iPad. That means that apps that are optimized for the size of the iPad will never be able to be transferred to the 6+ unless a developer decides to be generous and make a new version of their app for the platform. There is also the possibility of jailbreaking to get the app on to your phone, but short of that, it is not very possible.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm not a Apple user, I would have thought that most developers that made an app for a tablet would also be able to make a smaller, watered down version for a smartphone device?

Apple might prefer to keep the apps different and specific to each device, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be done.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Something like this isn't going to happen soon, if ever. As pwarbi said, if the iPad apps would be available for the 6+ they would lose business.
    I also don't think Apple will bother to do this, it would be too much of a hassle.

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I cannot say for sure why it isn't yet, but I can say it's up to the developers to make it available to the iPhone platform because it was originally developed to a resolution of an iPad or functions of it perhaps. So it might take a while, or perhaps contact the developers of certain apps.