What's Your Favorite Calendar App?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diane Lane, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I thought maybe the calendar on my Samsung tablet would work like the Apple one I was using, but it doesn't. Although it seems fine as a calendar, I'm looking for one that will show me a month at a time, with appointments showing. It doesn't actually have to show the appointments, just that there is something scheduled for that day. I keep track of my incoming payments that way, so it helps to see when work was done, so I can determine when the pay should be coming. At a glance is really helpful, rather than having to go day by day, to see if there are appointments scheduled.

Does anyone have a good Android calendar app that does that? Or, is anyone familiar with the standard Apple device calendar, and can recommend an Android app that works similarly?

IcyBC likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. k9cb

k9cb New Member

I personally like Google Calendar, but I don't have much experience with Apple's calendar. It has a widget I use on my phone that shows a month at a time, and it includes all your color-coded appointments and saved dates with their titles. You can also categorize different events, so that you could view work and social events or just view one at a time.

For me, it has everything I need.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I like the sound of being able to categorize different events, that could definitely come in handy. I could have used that a few years ago. Life's not quite as diverse right now, so most of my events are work related, but that does sound like a selling point.

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm not sure if it's Google's or not, but I use the stock calender app on my phone and it does what I need without any hassle which is what I need. With something like that I just want it to work with no fuss and it does that.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't even use my Apple calendar, but I use the reminder a lot to keep track of my mom's appointments. I set it 6 hours ahead for it to alarm me and give me enough time to get ready in case I am tied up. Between my mom's appointments and my son's soccer schedule, the reminder does it job quite well :) I only need to know time, date and place to get the person to the right destination.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Today Calendar. Simple as that, it beats every calendar app currently available on the Play Store. It's very fluid and it works really well.

Diane Lane likes this.