What's The Point of The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Jul 27, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

According to all rumors and leaks, the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will be nothing more than a larger Galaxy S6 Edge. That means the same processor, same screen, and just about same everything else. That's bold of Samsung to double down on people wanting both a larger screen device and a curved display. It could be a major misstep by not offering something aside from a bigger screen, though.

At least with the Note series, multitasking features are thrown in, and the Note 5 is expected to feature 4GB of RAM. A Galaxy S6 Edge Plus makes no sense to me whatsoever in its rumored form.

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's going to feature a bigger battery and another processor (808, as used in the LG G4) and that's about it. Probably the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is the Note 5 in disguise? Who knows, but I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with this device since it doesn't have anything inovative over the S6.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The rumors keep flip-flopping on whether it will have a different processor or not, though. I'd be fine with an S6 Edge+, if something more was being brought to the table. Add in another gigabyte of RAM or something! Give more functionality to the curved screen! I'm sure the device will sell, but I bet a lot of consumers are going to be pissed off about the premium they'll pay for the larger curved screen on top of the premium that it comes with compared to the smaller version.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think Samsung are going to take the trade-off. I'd honestly sell a couple of million devices for a minority of people complaining. There are going to be a lot of people who won't really care that much.