What's the future for cell phones?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anorexorcist, Jul 22, 2015.

1. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

We all know that technology has reinvented human communication, since telegram through FaceTime, since messenger through Tumblr or Facebook, and all of that happened in a relative short period of time! And I was recently thinking about how technology will be in the future, and I wanted to read some of your points of view! So, how do you think that cell phones (or another form of human communication as we have in this days) will change in the future? Do you think that things can become more "real"? Or do you think that is going to remain in the same?

2. Loading...

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd say it will stay the same for a while but with minor improvements, like possibly 5G and much clearer screens. I wouldn't be surprised if flip-phones make a comeback but with a smartphone touch added to them.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I think we're probably going to have ultra-ultra thin and large phones in a few years' time. I also think that we're gonna have way smoother experiences, especially with browsing the Internet. Gotta admit, the future's looking promising. Really promising.

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Cellphones are here to stay and they will be developed much much better for all of us. There won't be a person on this earth without a phone, I bet :)

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm really curious to see if bezel-less phones are going to be much more predominant in the future. I think manufacturers are going to soon release ultra-thin devices.
    That being said, I can't wait for the day the Project Ara is going to be fully released. I'd love to build phones from pieces.

7. Techpreneur

Techpreneur New Member

I think ultimately the cell-phones we know today will be gone in the near future and replaced with a lot of futuristic hands-free devices. It's a bit of a stretch really, but come 2016 is essentially the year of Virtual Reality and depending on how the average consumer accepts it will ultimately be the deciding factor of cell-phones in their current state and what their future holds :)

8. run2live

run2live New Member

Have you seen the Corning Day Made of Glass videos on YouTube? The oldest is almost 4 years old now, and the technology was available then. As engineers figure out how to lower the cost to deliver high-tech glass, we'll see our apps in our mirrors, look at recipes and video chat with our family from our countertops as we cook.

I'm curious how the glass will be developed to be durable enough to tolerate a child or a kitchen knife. We'll see!

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

That's pretty interesting, I hadn't heard this before. I do think much of what we do will be voice input/activated, rather than by typing, which could be very helpful for those of us with hand issues, but I still prefer typing most of the time. I think devices will be designed to be waterproof and shatterproof, as well as flexible, so they can fit pretty much anywhere.