What to choose between iPhone 5 and iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by introspectivgroup, Apr 25, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I was debating between the Iphone 6 and I the I phone 5. My husband said you might as well get the latest one. And, he purchased the 6 for me. So far I love it. I do not like the fact that the memory is limited on it though:(. Any how, I still love it!

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, the iPhone 5S is still a powerful device, but the fact is that the iPhone 6 is a vast improvement based solely on the increase in screen real estate. Apple knows its target consumer, and the tiered approach to internal storage (with no external storage) is an attempt (that works) to get more money from consumers. It helps ensure that you'll buy the larger memory option during the next iPhone cycle, and people don't like that about Apple. Still, the company knows how to keep profits on the rise more so than most companies.

4. jfab

jfab Member

If you're into the outward design and you want more color in your life, stick with the iPhone 5. But if you want a minimalist kind of design, the iPhone 6 is perfect.

5. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

The iPhone 6 is overall the better phone based on frame rates, camera, and processing. I like the iPhone 6 for its new look which is skinnier but bigger. But if you want something a bit chunkier then the iPhone 5 is for you. The problem is that if you buy an iPhone 5 now it’s going to lose its warranty really soon because Apple is going to stop manufacturing them.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If you have the option and the money to buy whatever you want, then I think it's probably always better to get the latest device.

At least then you won't have to worry about how long the phone will continue to be supported.

7. EmmaS

EmmaS New Member

The iPhone 6 is better than the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 has a better camera, a new processor, and improved battery life. I agree with pwarbi, it's always better to get the latest device.

pwarbi likes this.
  8. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I would have to say the same thing that your husband said. For the most part, the iPhone 5 is the same thing as the 6. They both run on the same operating system and Apple doesn't change much about their phones. The biggest thing the 5 wouldn't have is apple pay. I wouldn't use that just because of security reasons for me, and also the touch pad. The iPhone's aren't made like the Galaxy phones that have a different design when they are made. Some are waterproof, which is pretty cool. But, I think you might as well just get the new one because then you will be able to get the lastest updates, and it will be able to do more than the 5 is.

9. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The iPhone 6 would be my choice too if given one for the screen size! It would be easier for me to see or do things on it. I currently have the iPhone 5, and it is still running like it should. I know a few people who are using iPhone 4 still and they have no problem at all with those either.

10. llfsa

llfsa New Member

Before having held one in my hand, I thought that the 6 was a huge step back. But after owning one, I can say that this is hands down the most aesthetically pleasing phone on the market. The photos on Apple.com really don't do it justice. I was blown away once I saw it in person for the first time. The 5 is still a beautiful device but I don't think that it compares to the 6.
    My only gripe would be how the camera protrudes, big design flaw in my opinion.

11. Val

Val New Member

I find that if you have the means to get the latest technology, then you should get the iPhone 6. It is slicker and has new, better features that the iPhone 5S doesn't have. Also, the iPhone 6 is incredibly aesthetically pleasing. When I first saw them, I thought they were so pretty and even now, after having one for about eight months, I still believe it's the prettiest. Also, the iPhone 5S won't be supported much longer.

12. Anu

Anu New Member

iPhone 6 such a nice version in mobile.It offers 4.7 inches (Large) display,8 MP Primary camera and 1810 mAh, Li-ion battery.For connectivity, Apple iPhone 6 features GPS, GLONASS, NFC and Bluetooth. It also supports Wi-Fi 802.11ac and voice-over LTE.If you buy great smartphone you should purchase from 91mobile