What the best android tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 4, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

I've pretty much had my fill of the Ipad and the "i" brand in general. I already have myself an android phone (xperia). So now, I'm looking for opinions on an android tablet. Which one (s) are most preferable?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The best tablet i have used by far is the Android Galaxy TAB 10.1. It has been by far the most comprehensive tablet i have used to date and the speed of the internet is just shocking. It has in-browser flash player ready to go and the download speed of the market is insane. I highly recommend getting the Galaxy TAB 10.1 and avioding the Apple IPad. As cool as the IPad is... its just not as good as the Galaxy TAB.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. tarverten

tarverten Member

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd go with an xperia tablet. Why not? You already have the phone of it. So you would already know most of the ins and outs of the tablet of the same brand anyway. Plus the xperia brand is pretty damn good (although pricey sometimes)

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

The best Android tablet depends on your needs...

If high-end video recording is important to you, consider the LG G-Slate which can record at 1080p.

At the very low end, $250 can get you a Nook Color, which has an ereader orientation but is really a budget tablet running Android 2.2.

For overall value: The ASUS Eee Transformer (TF101) is extremely feature rich for under $400: Android 3.1, 10.1 inch 1280x800 IPS (like iPad, but bigger and higher resolution) display, up to 9 hours of battery life (16 hours if optional dock added), optional ability to dock with keyboard, 1 GHz Tegra 250 ARM CPU with 1 GB RAM, good array of ports (mini HDMI, SD, micro SD), preloaded Polaris Office 3.0 for editing documents (.doc), spreadsheets (.xls) and presentation (.ppt) files. Note, though, no 3G (however people report success in tethering it to smart phones).

Galaxy Tab 10.1 (0.336 inches) is the thinnest Android tablet, and at 1.25 lbs it's also the lightest of the big-screen (greater than 9 inch) tablets.

The Motorola Xoom is heavier and thicker than both the iPad or Galaxy Tab, the Xoom's advantage is that it has HDMI out and micro USB ports. It also has a 5MP rear camera compared to Tab's 3MP and iPad's lousy 0.7MP.

Finally, if cellular service is important, check with your favorite carrier. At the moment, here's the breakdown:

Verizon: Galaxy Tab 10.1, iPad 2, Xoom, and Galaxy Tab
    T-Mobile: G-Slate, Streak 7, and Galaxy Tab
    Sprint: Galaxy Tab
    AT&T: Galaxy Tab
    None: TouchPad, Thrive, Eee Pad TF101, Iconia Tab A500, Archos 101, Archos 70, and NOOK Color

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm glad you mentioned the Motorola Xoom, because I've been wondering about that, and haven't seen anyone actually discussing it on the forums. I'm surprised at how poor many of the cameras are on the tablets I've seen, because that is a feature I would pay a little more for, since I love to take pictures. Although 5MP isn't huge, it's still a lot better than many of the tablets seem to have. Heavier and thicker are considerations I have to take into account, since I have hand and wrist issues, so maybe that wouldn't be a good one for me after all.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

As you can see by the comments already posted on the thread, there isn't a best tablet out there. Everybody will have their own opinions when it comes to what's the best, usually based on what they use the device for in the first place.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, I agree with @pwarbi, each person has specific needs and wants in mind, and those will determine which specifications will best fit his or her desires. I'm going through this right now, trying to determine which will be best for me, at the low end of the used market. I'm looking at Samsungs in particular, and there are some that are affordable. I don't need the latest, and am not looking for a huge tablet, mainly something to replace my iPod Touch, but with additional capabilities.

10. ApexBlue

ApexBlue New Member

I think that Samsung tablets are a good direction to go. I bought some for some friends of mine and they couldn't be happier with them. I'd consider them casual users and having the option of a music player, Youtube viewer and casual games is enough for them. Sure the camera isn't great and it doesn't pack the strongest hardware around, but a smartphone should be used to supplement those needs. They're very much geared towards the consumers and serve as great, affordable wifi tablets. I think that you can't go wrong with one.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. sabb87

sabb87 New Member

How is the xperia? I've bee wondering how good it works. Any major issues?

12. Techpreneur

Techpreneur New Member

I think ultimately it kind of depends on what you want to use it for. as with general use I got a cheap Hisense tablet that pretty much handles everything I wanted to, plus lots of fun additional things. I only ended up spending about $25 on it, which for what I use it for is a bargain. Just when considering a tablet don't really pay attention to the branding or the cost, as you can get rather inexpensive tablets that do most of your day to day stuff with ease. The main thing in fact that you should look for is that it supports all your common use apps, even if they may be slightly older versions!

Diane Lane likes this.