What made you choose the Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by briannagodess, Jul 14, 2015.

1. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

What made you decide to invest in an Iphone? I know a lot of people just buy it because it is a status symbol. I have a cousin who buys the latest version every year because he wants to be 'in'. One time, he purposefully wrecked his old Iphone because his parents do not want to buy him one.

As for me, I decided to get the Iphone because it has a very user friendly interface as compared to other phones. I love that it also has the fastest response out of all the touch phones I have used. I have the first version of the Ipad and up to now, it is still working. I think investing in an Iphone is worth the money.

What are your thoughts?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

No, most people don't choose the iPhone as a status symbol. That wouldn't make any sense for the average person. People often pick up the latest iPhone due to the Apple ecosystem, a simple and smooth iOS, and the build quality of the devices. Apple is good at making phones, regardless of what the hardware looks like on paper compared to other devices. It's hard to argue with the company selling increasingly high amounts of smartphones with every major release.

4. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

One of the main reasons that I wanted to get an iPhone was because of the fact that they last so long. For the most part I've always had a good phone when it came to Apple, not many issues. When I had my Galaxy phones, they always had issues. From there I knew that I had to get a new phone, and it had to be Apple. I can't stand it when I spend money on a phone and then it doesn't work the way that I want it to. I mean if you're spendign $200 then the phone should work good. I know when I buy Apple phones that I don't have to worry about that.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I've found that while Apple devices are reliable, they're no more reliable than android phones these days so I think people often do just pick them for the brand name alone.

I used to have an iPhone but switched to android and I have to say I don't regret the decision.

6. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

I strangely chose the iPhone simply because of its touch. Not necessarily that it is quicker, as I'm sure there would have been other phones just as fast, but just become the touch just feels so delicate and soft. I can't describe it any better than that. The first time I touched a friend's iPhone 5, I simply dragged the notification bar down and in that moment I knew that I just made my decision to buy the iPhone 6.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I didn't chose the iPhone, I inherited it from my son because it has a crack screen on it. I had the screen replaced and I ended up like it the iPhone very much. It took a bit of getting used to since I always have Android phone, but the process was painless and for me it wasn't a status symbol.

8. ElegantMew

ElegantMew New Member

Other than it being one of the most modern phones out there to this date, the reason I decided to buy into the iPhone series is simply because Apple offers a very simplistic way to go on with your every day life style with very helpful features that are simply in your pocket. I love the iPhone since it allows me to pretty much take a whole other world in just a cramped little device.

9. Val

Val New Member

At first, I chose the iPhone because it was one of the very few smartphones that had come out at the time and it looked very cool to me. After that, I became accustomed to iPhones and how they worked - simple, beautiful, efficient. As each generation came out, I would wait till my contracts would finish and just choose the latest iPhone. They're exceptionally pretty and have so many features that make life so much easier. Slick, efficient, and handy.