What is your impression on M9 so far? Are you Happy?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, Apr 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Well, here in the UK the HTC ONE M9 as been out for a couple of weeks now so how are we all finding it?

While the reviews have been favourable by the experts, does this match your own experiences or are you less than happy with your upgrade?

Is this the first HTC you've had or have you followed the series up from the M7?

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    The m9 isn't a worthy upgrade from the m8. This year HTC has really failed with this phone. It is really a m8 with a underclocked processor and with a worse camera.
    Though the last updates made it a little more viable, it still doesn't stand up to the competition.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    To say that HTC have failed with this phone might be a little harsh, I do think your right in the sense that its not a world apart from the M8 but you could say that it didn't need to be. The M7 and M8 models of the HTC ONE got rave reviews world wide and so I think HTC went with the approach of if it's not broken then don't fix it.

As for standing up tothe competition, I think it depends on what your looking for in a smartphone. Obviously the big 2 are apple and Samsung but if you don't want either of these, then I think the HTC ONE is definitely a viable alternative. While the specifications on paper might not match other devices, the way the phone uses them more than makes up for that in my opinion.

I'm happy with the M9. Having said that, would I have traded in my M8 if I'd have known then what i know now? Probably not...

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, I was a little bit harsh. The m9 isn't a bad phone, is just a phone that can't stand up to the competition this year.
    It's okay though, maybe HTC will surprise us next year with a beast and then I would consider leaving LG for HTC :D.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    To be honest the good thing about the smartphone market and competition these days is the fact that there's so many to choose from.

You can probably take one owner from HTC, Apple, Samsung, LG and all the others and they'll all be able to list reasons why you should buy their phone.

I think a lot of it is down to personal preference, and if that causes debate and competition between manufacturer's then that can only be a good thing for the market.

7. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    The fact that the M9 is so similar to the M8 is a testament to how well HTC has crafted its smartphones since the M7, and perhaps even before then. The camera on the M8 was lackluster just like the M7's, so I'd say that the M9 wins the camera shootout without question. It's a similar device to its predecessor, which means that it's still one of the most attractive smartphones on the market. Performance beats its predecessors and matches similar devices, according to the benchmarks and real world testing from most users. Not everyone likes the lack of major changes, but sometimes you don't need to change what works, as Apple proved for years before the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I'm a fan of the HTC ONE range of phones, well I guess I must be as I've had all models, and I have to admit that the M9 is definitely the best one yet.

While it's true that HTC haven't had to change very much, I think for the M10 they might have to freshen thing's up a little more just to try and compete with the Samsung's and the iPhone 6's.

9. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I skipped the M7, got the M8 and will skip the M9 because I feel it's a slight step back from the M8. I love my M8 and now that it runs lollipop, I don't see any reason to upgrade it personally. I'll wait to see what next year's M10 (MX?) brings to the table. :) Until then, I'll enjoy and proudly rock my M8. :)

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I see your a fan of the HTC like myself then?

Or when your considering your next upgrade would you try a few out and pick which you think is the best regardless of the make?

11. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I've heard that the recent software update made the camera a lot better, and in some of the comparison photos I've seen, it does look at least better than the m8.

12. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Male
    Tv Ad extra
    New Zealand
    The HTC had done really well and also, it is good to see that the one that came out this year has done well for me and also lightweight as well and easy to use as well and the design looks good to see as well. The updates and camera was good too, and enjoyed watching videos and also the screen was improved and also was nice to play games in it as the screen was bigger than before. I think, it will be interesting to see what other phones they bring out and these could do well for the consumers and also should be in a good price range as well.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    The camera was updated via a OTA download and it has made a huge difference to the quality you'll be getting from the camera. I don't know if HTC listened to the complaints or if this is what they had planned all along.

Either way, the quality of the camera is no longer an issue now.

14. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    It probably wasn't planned. Companies tend to announce their phones to be released on a day, then have to finish the device before then. It's possible that the camera processing software just wasn't finished in time.

15. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I'm still not an owner of it. But I see a lot of people and my friends who bought it who are very satisfied with their M9. It's making me want to switch to HTC!

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Well I know a few people who are using the M9 and nobody has had any complaints so far. While HTC might not be as popular as the other brands at the moment, and the phone might not be as advanced they're certainly still worth buying.