What is the point of the min and max versions?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, Apr 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

After the amazing success and countless awards that HTC won with the release of its HTC ONE M7, including smartphone of the year no less, from several leading cosumer magazines, what exactly was the point of releasing the mini and the max version? and more to the point, just how well did they sell?

In the numerous reviews of the HTC one, I don't remember anybody ever saying the screen should have been bigger or smaller. In fact most said the size of the phone took a bit of getting used to but once you did you'd be happy with it.

So why did HTC spend time and money developing theses two version's of the M7? Was it down to public demand?

Are you an owner of the HTC ONE mini or max? Are you happy or have you already reverted back to the standard sized phone?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Obviously, people like different screen sizes and not everyone was a fan of the 4.7-inch display, which many find too small and others find too large. The Mini and Max, while scaled down in hardware, filled the niche around that screen size, and both versions sold well enough to make financial sense for HTC. It's as simple as that, and that's why Samsung followed suit in offering a small and large version of some of the Galaxy S devices.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

You say they sold well enough, I'd like to see the comparative sales across the 3 devices to see that for myself, not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see just exactly how much of a success they actually were.

Your right that people might prefer different screen sizes but I wonder what people would say is the optimum screen size? It's ok to say the bigger the better but if you need a special bag just to carry it around I think that's going a bit too far!?