What is the big difference between an iphone 4 and an iphone 3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by narshbleed60, Jun 3, 2015.

1. narshbleed60

narshbleed60 New Member

i was going to get an iphone 3 but now i kind of want an iphone 4. but if there is really no big difference i will just get the iphone 3 since its cheaper.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

New Features in iPhone 4

FaceTime
    FaceTime is a video chat feature available in iPhone 4. This is the biggest feature (hardware and software) that the iPhone 4 has over the 3GS. At the time of launch, this feature is only supported over Wi-Fi and only if both parties are using an iPhone. Not only does FaceTime allow users to see each other while chatting, they can also "flip" the view from the front camera to the back camera so you can show the other person what you're seeing.

Software Features
    The iPhone 4 operating system is called iOS 4. All older 3GS phones were eligible for an upgrade to this new operating system. All new iPhone 3GS phones are also shipped with iOS 4. So all new features should be available to iPhone 3GS except FaceTime, which relies on the front and back cameras. The important new features in iOS 4 include:

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

There are a number ofdifferences between the iPhone 3's and the iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4 has the following benefits:

Updated design
    Faster processor
    Better Screen resolution
    Better Camera with Flash
    Complete set of iOS4 features

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

There are a substantial number of "big" differences between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS in design, display, capability, performance, battery life and more.

For most users, the iPhone 4 is significantly better, but an independent comparison can be useful for you to decide whether the lower up front price of the iPhone 3GS is more important than the other differences:

http://www.everyipod.com/iphone-faq/differences-between-iphone-4-iphone-3gs.html

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well one of the biggest changes is the front facing camera. That way you are able to FaceTime with people or Skype, whatever one you use. I didn't even know that they still sold those phones anymore. There are so many phones that get made, I wasn't aware that you were still able to get them. I would suggest getting the new iPhones just because they are so much more compatiable with apps now. I know that sometimes you can't download certain apps unless you have a certain ios system. You also won't be able to download all the new systems that come out. I don't know if you care about that, but that would be one thing that you would lose out on.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Definitely go for the 4, or even the 4S if you can afford it. The 4 has a frontal camera, a way better processor, supports iOS 7 (means you get access to a lot more apps than a 3GS), and there are many other upgrades an iPhone 4 implies. Only good thing about the 3GS is that it was the last one with the round shape, meaning it's way more comfy to hold than a 4. Or maybe that's just personal preference.