What Is The Best Browser For iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by IcyBC, Jun 17, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am looking for a light and fast browser for my iPad. Firefox and Chrome didn't do it for me as something seem off about them. Anyone has a suggestion of a great browser to recommend.

I am multi-tasking a lot, and I can't sit still to work on just one site. I need to work on multiple sites at the same time. Safari is great, but they don't have the extension that I need for some of the sites that I work with.

Thank you! Now, start throwing some browser names here :)

2. Loading...

3. Katherine Jane

Katherine Jane New Member

I believe Mercury Browser Pro is worth a try. It's been described as a combination of Google Chrome's and Safari's features. I prefer it over other alternative browsers. But if you want a more iOS-y touch, there's iCab, which has a really good and sophisticated layout. Now, if you want one that's fast and simple, Puffin is the browser for you.

I still think Safari is the best among browser apps. It works well enough for me, but that's just my opinion. Maybe the alternative browser apps I've mentioned would help you!

Diane Lane and IcyBC like this.
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Thank you for this suggestions! I will do some reading on both of these browsers. I am getting a little bit more comfortable with using Safari. Switching from Window to iOS is like using my left hand while my right hand is the dominant one :) I am used with the setting on Firefox and Chrome for my Window, and when I can't figure out how to use Safari, I got frustrated!

5. cocolgooh

cocolgooh New Member

I find Opera is quite good as well. I generally just use the Safari app that came with it though to be honest. At first it really annoyed me and I was downloading every app I could find practically to try and find something that I liked better. The more I use Safari though the more I like it. I've even downloaded it for my laptop now!

6. Deceivingly

Deceivingly New Member

I just use safari on my iPad, I can do everything I could ever need on it. Another browser I have heard a lot about is Dolphin. It gives you the desktop feel of a browser onto your iPad. I am gonna try it out soon. :)

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Dolphin is the browser that many users have suggested too! I haven't downloaded it yet either, but am dying to try out. I like two have two browsers, as I run one website and work on it with this browser, and the other browser I use for another website. Multi-tasking to max out my time online :)