What is best VoIP for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

I'm interested in a working version, to shrink the phone bill, which my wife with her sister in Italy are making big.

Which are my best options? It's more cost effective to buy a separate device to take their ip from router or better install something on the iphone and go right?

I do not even know what to ask now because I do not know much about this technology. I know that I have a linksys router and an internet connection wrt610N very good, which makes me think that I will not have traffic problems.

I saw that there was a subscription to Skype 5.99 excluding VAT, is called Skype Unlimited Europe seems to me goodish. Course, limited to land lines.
    I have no idea if I have assigned a phone number where you can be called ...

What do you think?

#2 Guest, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I use the following SIP

I use the following SIP clients, in order of preference:

- Fring
    - Nimbuzz
    - Acrobits ($ 6.99)
    - NetDial
    - Linphone

#3 Anonymous, Nov 12, 2014
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

1. Going on the idea

1. Going on the idea that at both ends of the wire there is Skype, I think <strong>you don't need a subscription.</strong>
    Subscription is needed if you use Skype to call on a classic phone.
    2. Is there is Skype for iPhone, which goes as the one on your computer.
    3. Going on wifi, there will be problems with bandwidth;

#4 Anonymous, Nov 12, 2014
  4. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

There is a app called Magic App.
    You can have an international or domestic number and the rates are pretty low depending on where you call. There is a unique number that you have to use with the app. Also when you call other users of this app the call is free which is awesome.

5. jfab

jfab Member

I use Skype and Viber. But most of the time, I just use Viber. The best part is that I don't have to change my number for it.

6. jfab

jfab Member

I haven't tried MagicApp. I will check this out.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Skype is the best way to go as long as you have connection! It is free and won't cost you money, but for international callers, I am not sure how this works out.

When my brother was in Vietnam, he called me from there using internet connection, through Gmail. My son worked abroad so we Skype, and he didn't say anything about the cost.