What Do You Think About A 3,000 mAh Battery?

Discussion in 'LG' started by teamxxlp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Of course, the G4 was announced and features a 3,000 mAh battery. That's relatively close to par for phablets, but the quadHD screen is going to drain rather than sip the battery. LG stated that all-day battery life should be possible thanks to optimizations from and for the Snapdragon 808 processor. However, I'm not sold. I wish they could have found a way to include at least a 3,500 mAh battery without making the device much larger.

I know that's a lot easier said than done, though.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As with any device, the main issue is going to be battery life. The biggest drain on any battery is the screen, and I think people need to compromise a little.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think LG are not giving too much attention to battery life anymore. Even the G2 had a 3,000 mAh battery and I think that they can easily put in a 3,500 mAh one without increasing the bulkiness a lot.
    We'll see how the battery life fares.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I don't think it's just LG that have given up, I think most of the manufacturers have aswell to be honest.

There doesn't seem to be any new development when it comes to battery life in any of the new devices. People have got used to the fact that they're going to have to charge as frequently as they can I think.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, I agree with you. People are used to their phones lasting only 1 day of moderate usage and they are content with it so manufactureers focus on other things.
    People need to change this fact.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It's what people get used to. Like I said it's acceptable now, people usually buy an extra lead or charger as part of their accessories now, I know I do anyway.

8. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

I do this as well. It's really bad that people accept this kind of thing. A day of battery life (not even that sometimes with heavy usage) is really bad. But I wonder if most people would rather buy a phone like the G4 if it had a much bigger battery but was also thicker, instead of this version. 'Cause I'm thinking maybe they did their research and most people just prefer a nicer looking phone than an uglier bulkier looking one with a bigger battery life. I wouldn't, but I know many people that would.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think the aesthetics of a device is important to a lot of people and maybe some would prefer a nicer looking phone than one with a longer lasting battery.

With technology advancing at the rate it is though, I would have thought we should have been able to have both by now.

10. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The LG G2 had an awesome battery life. The G3 didn't have the same battery life as the G2. Now, with the LG G4, it seems like the battery life became worse.

2K screens definitely eat up a lot of juice, so it's important to have a bigger battery for these devices. Sadly, it appears that LG didn't either optimise or balance their specs, or maybe both.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The more a device does, the more battery it's going to use, that's something that would be obvious but as you say, it's as if LG didn't bthink about that when they released the new device.

It's hard to imagine that not being one of the first things they'd think about so the only conclusion I can come to is that they simply didn't have any other option.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

The battery alone sounds great, but the phone pushes so much it doesn't work well. The processing power, camera and high resolution screen eat up the battery too quickly. My recommendation is to keep brightness low and turn of WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use. That helps to get through a day on a single charge.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

People are always looking for ways to increase their battery like and like you daily, turning off WiFi, Bluetooth and dimming your screen will all help, we really shouldn't have to do that for a phone to last a full day off one charge.

People want to be able to use their phones for what they bought them for and turning off features is defeating the object.

You could go one step further and leave your phone turned off altogether, that would save the battery. Be pointless having the thing in the first place then though.