What browser do you use on your phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuZyOn, Jul 2, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I personally use Lightning Browser. It's compact, lightweight and it does its job well. I've never had problems with it in terms of stuttering.

2. Loading...

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I use Chrome and it seems to do what I need it to do with no hassle. I've tried out Firefox but I just could not get along with it at all. On the iPhone I did use their Safari browser for a time but found it to be quite basic.

4. Aquar

Aquar New Member

I just use Safari. I don't need anything fancy on my phone as I do more of my browsing on my desktop. I haven't had any technical problems any time I have used it.

5. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I just use Safari. I used to have Firefox, but it was slowing my phone down. Safari is okay especially if you are not using it to browse websites with lots of media.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I used Safari, but I heard that Opera is a good one to have too. I tried Chrome, and Firefox since I know my way around it, but those didn't work out too well so I went back to Safari. Good to know another option now!

7. GunSlinger

GunSlinger New Member

Right now, I'm using Naked Browser. It's a really fast browser, has a good number of features, and isn't as resource-intensive as the other browsers. The only bad thing I can see about this browser is the terrible looking UI. But I'm sure looks isn't what you're looking for in a browser.

8. roarzie

roarzie New Member

Chrome & Firefox are my main browsers at the moment, between which I'm alternating depending on the mood. It became a habit, especially since these two browsers are what I also trust while on the computer. Chrome seems to be faster usually, though, Firefox might lag and block sometimes.

ashencoast likes this.
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I use Google Chrome because it is pretty fast and could give immediate search results. I don't have any problem surfing the internet whenever I utilize it and my phone is not lagging/stuttering or something like that. Really efficient.

10. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I just use Safari which was already on the phone when I bought it. I did not really download any other browsers as Safari does the job for me. It does not have any issues or problems from the first day I used it.

11. ashencoast

ashencoast New Member

It's pretty situational on my end. I use Chrome if I just need to do a quick search or something because it seems to be the quickest. For general web browsing though, I stick to Firefox because I'm more comfortable with the interface and like the selection of extensions better. It nice to have Flash available too.

12. ApexBlue

ApexBlue New Member

I haven't seen anyone mention Dolphin. Before Chrome and Firefox were available on Android, the Dolphin browser was a lot more functional than the regular browser. The biggest problem with the default Android browser back then was that it wouldn't let you easily tab. You'd have to scroll to the very top of the screen and tap the "tabs" button to show you your tabs. With Dolphin, all you had to do was swipe around. It had a cool feature where you could make your own shortcuts using a gesture, like writing letters and symbols you come up with to quickly navigate to your bookmarked websites. I don't remember exactly why I stopped using it, but Firefox came out and was the better option for a while. Then Chrome became mobile and is the better browser. For now at least.

13. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've got both Chrome and Firefox, although I'm moving away from Chrome and using Firefox as my default browser due to privacy reasons. And the fact that I use Firefox on my desktop I can easily sync between the two.

The tabbing system on Firefox android is another reason I went for it, because I'm used to it rather that Chrome loading up different windows for different tabs.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

14. JayWifi

JayWifi New Member

I just use classic Safari on my iPhone. It does everything I want it to do. No sense in getting other browsers. Although I wish they had an actual port of Firefox on here.

15. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I own an IPod touch and I'm currently using safari, it's not the best or faster browser but I haven't had any issues with it, I would like to try another browsers though.

16. Nick Lambert

Nick Lambert New Member

I just use the default browser that came with my Galaxy S4. I haven't tried others out but if anyone can suggest one for me that would be cool. I think the default browser I use is just fine but maybe I'm missing out on something even better :eek:

17. hosewalker

hosewalker New Member

I use the google web browser. I switch back and forth between Android and IOS but the google chrome browser is always consistent. The UI is very intuitive and easy to use. I have used Safari and other browsers but they don't come close in quality or ease of use.

18. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

I use the same one that I use on my desktop, Google Chrome. In my opinion, it's the best browser currently. It's fast on a PC, and it shares my search history with my phone, so I always have what I'm looking for. It came pre-installed on my phone, and I don't need a different one. It's also pretty fast for my needs, especially since I don't like over-packing my phone with apps.

19. k9cb

k9cb New Member

I just use the standard browser that came with my android, but I more recently switched to Firefox. I'm honestly not crazy about it, though, and I've noticed some issues (crashing, some text fields on pages are glitchy) that I didn't experience before. I think I may need to shop around for the best fit for me.